"Low Tide" electronic/tribal/funk -> -> -> -> ->

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep, it's supposed to sound this way. :lol: Just having some fun and nobody gets hurt. :tu: Don't be shy, listen to the whole 10mins. :D
https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... isual=true
- This was made in two parts. The rhythm and keys track was produced in Chainer and saved to an audio file about two weeks ago.The rest was finished in my seqr last night.
The rhythm was done in Groove Agent2. A bad habit using Ai drum seqrs to do the work for me, but that's all going to change coming soon. The keys part is a long effect chain on a B3 organ.(distorted organ) That audio file had absurd compressions going on in that mix, I liked how it moved sounds up and back with short waves of verb bouncing in now and then.

Importing to my seqr, I used a single muted trumpet from 'Dimension Pro' and a complicated effect chain on it to get that particular sound made famous by the great Jon Hassell. Took me hrs to figure it all out! haha
The middle pad was synthetically created by me some time back and I don't remember what I did. :dog: ( I have a habit of doing that in Chainer. I do save the .fxp now)

Anyway, I wanted to finish this last night, so I didn't focus on making things right, I just wanted it going and done. I spent time on sound and not balance. The bass was a sampled Dobro string bass, but I had it down into subsonic range with the pitch controller. It;s subbass is low but it also translates to these small PC speakers...just a good EQ. All midi tracks were single performances with no editing. No automation,loops or that sort of thing. It's raw and odd...hope you can dig it. :phones:
Last edited by annode on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Interesting electronic track... nice rhythm and sounds

funky!!! cool effects and basslines, freaky pads in the middle as well. perhaps a teeny bit too bright to my ears listening on my high end BOSS PORTAPRO phones. thats the only thing i'd change. listening on apple ipod buds or on speakers would prob come across as
just good ol high end sizzle~! well done :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Very funky riddims! Some sounds have the character of over-driven inputs on a cheap mixer, typical of early dub. I love that sound! Though, perhaps that may explain the brightness layer mentioned. An acquired taste perhaps. :D
This reminds me of my good friend Runagate in some places. Maybe it's the splashes of pitch-shifted delays.
The change in the middle was unexpected but at about the time of the transition I was asking myself how you were gonna keep that motif going for 10min+. I like songs that become something new in the middle. I've done that a lot myself.

Thanks!

Thank you friends for listening.
I remember runagate, by name.
Maybe it's the splashes of pitch-shifted delays.
Give this man a prize! There is a harmonizer after the horn and in the master buss. Good ear. :)
The change in the middle was unexpected but at about the time of the transition I was asking myself how you were gonna keep that motif going for 10min+
The short answer is...I can't. That would be abusive.
Actually I took that opportunity to follow a Miles Davis solution...he did the same thing on the album "A Tribute to Jack Johnson" - "Right Off".
He broke up a long jam with a sort of ambient intermission, then brought it all back in. :)

I wrote new stuff about this production above in the OP.
I see this as an experiment. Now that I have a good bass and the Hassell trumpet, i'm going to do a proper serious project with a similar sensibility. This time no drum seqr. I will play myself and use dark ambient exotic percussions.

Thanks for your time guys. :hug:

I like your description. Raw and Odd!!! Mission accomplished.
But, it is also interesting and refreshing. Bouncing along with a pert upbeat vibe complete with unexpected sounds that don't seem out of place.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Hey Allomerus.
Wasn't expecting that. Thanks, glad you liked it. :)
What i'm about to make should be pretty good compared to this.
Using this horn, bass, harmonizers and in addition a bamblong and the right ambiance verb, I expect it will turn out quite well.
Thanks for listening with an open mind. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”