Microsoft sued over Windows 10 upgrade damage

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, the auto-upgrade is going to get them. Shows they knew it was bad after they stopped it due to the uprising it caused. MS will settle with those.

Average person doesn't know enough to turn off Windows Update and when they do update to look at exactly what they're getting. Setting it to just download and not install is just as bad if there's a large rollup or complete OS upgrade involved, just in terms of local storage. I personally will not be assimilated. 8)

Well deserved.

Though I've always been a Windows user this lawsuit puts a smile in my face. Let these bastards deserve what they get and let others learn from their mistake. (Yes Apple YOU).

What Apple does with their iOS update is only slightly worse in that it keeps pestering you needlessly till you accept. There's no way to opt out of an update. You don't have a choice as it keeps interrupting you during critical times of using the phone, giving you no choice but to click on update.

I remember when the US antitrust case against them had MS threatened
with million dollar per day fines, wasn't it something like 26 years that they could
have paid that with just petty cash?

Thats how much they care about these insignificant losses...

It's all good I'm sure Billie Gates will still enjoy Steak and Lobster everyday despite the lawsuits ..

keyman_sam wrote:What Apple does with their iOS update is only slightly worse in that it keeps pestering you needlessly till you accept. There's no way to opt out of an update. You don't have a choice as it keeps interrupting you during critical times of using the phone, giving you no choice but to click on update.
If it's any help, I have the OTA update servers blocked in my router so my iPad can't check for iOS updates.

When I'm ready to update I do it through iTunes.

But then I guess this only works in situations like mine where my iPad is only connected to my home network.
Image Image Image Image

Hope they win in court just to send a message to Microsoft. I am one of those who clicked "not now" for several months, when the upgrade nag screen popped up. Finally it upgraded itself anyway during night time, and without me accepting the upgrade. I lost a lot of stuff, plugin registrations, etc. I got sound driver issues and many other problems. Took me a couple of months to get everything back on track. Even Microsoft support could not help me fix some problems all though they tried.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I suppose boycotting windows 10 has it's disadvantages

I hope MS learns a lesson. I hate all forced auto updates, especially Apple's.

The old iphone 4 was blazing fast, really did all it had to do fine and smooth. I kept from updating the IOS until my most used apps just wouldn't function anymore -unless- i updated. After the IOS update the phone became a slow unstable mess. No doubt Apple does this on purpose.

I still remember how well my 2011 MBP ran, how fast it booted, connected and got new mail etc. My colleagues began to use Live 9 which needed an OS update. Also certain Native Instruments apps required the new OS. I tried to go on without updating as long as i could but in the end i had to update. The MBP became so slow, boot times, starting apps, it's just a vague shadow of the performance it used to have.

/rant :P

I bet they budgeted for this before they did it lol
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I had Win10 setup as a metered connection which stops auto downloads, or it did. Doesn't seem to make a difference now.

Only safe bet is to disconnect it !!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I've only had one update that broke things. Some copy protection refused to work but all I had to do was install the latest versions( Ilok and elicencer dongles). It only took about 10 minutes to troubleshoot and fix.
I don't like the idea of forced updates but the reality is that for me it's been mostly trouble free and I haven't encountered any more problems than I have with other os's.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I had Win10 setup as a metered connection which stops auto downloads, or it did. Doesn't seem to make a difference now.

Only safe bet is to disconnect it !!!
winkey-> services-> disable windows update
enable it when you want to update.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

fedexnman wrote:It's all good I'm sure Billie Gates will still enjoy Steak and Lobster everyday despite the lawsuits ..
Quite possibly - He's not been the CEO of Microsoft since the year 2000 and left his role as chairman back in 2014, so I doubt he'd have any issues with what happened with the company after that !

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”