Omnisphere 2 & Keyscape USERS, please help about the installation!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so this is how i installed my 2 products fresh on my win10 machine.

32Bit Folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\Spectrasonics\Omnisphere 2

64Bit Folder:
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\Spectrasonics\Omnisphere 2
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\Spectrasonics\Keyscape

VST Files (Presets etc.):
E:\VST Files\Spectrasonics\Omnisphere 2
E:\VST Files\Spectrasonics\Keyscape

when i had only Omnisphere 2 installed it worked, after havin installed keyscape, keyscape did show me installation errors!
then i was pi**ed again and wrote spectrasonics. they sent me the downloaders of the libraries as a precaution (i have the official spectrasonics USB sticks from both produtcs but well....) and then they told me

When you finish the download, simply open the installation folder, then open the windows folder and run the installer. It will install everything for you – be sure not to manually move any files or folders outside of the installation folders.

During installation, you can also choose where the large library files will be installed to. Be sure to do this within the installer, and you’ll be all set.

so does t his mean I MAY NOT change ANY folder paths like STEAM destination?! for real?
or only the VST location?!
this is pretty stupid, or am i stupid?

i dont get it at all.... please help me guys :(
im branded with Spectrasonics awful start of omnisphere 2 which had only problems on foreign win systems, thats why i dunno if they really are good at coding anymore besides making great sounding products... cannot be that their installers are crap...

so far i installed aabout 300 plugins and had nearly no issues... (only cakewalk rapture so far lol!)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

You can change it, but the whole point of the instructions is to keep things simple and to get a working installation *first*, to save people from trying to complicate the installation and messing it up.

well i wonder what could be messy with my paths ?
i mean, this cannot be the issue to outsource the STEAM folder...

in a previous mail spectrasonics said both programs in one folder i.e.
C: ProgramData\ Spectrasonics\ Keyscape & Omnisphere
later they say i can move the DLL wherever i want.... i dont know if they know themselves what they tell
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:well i wonder what could be messy with my paths ?
No idea, but many people *do* seem to have problems with this.
Caine123 wrote:i mean, this cannot be the issue to outsource the STEAM folder...
Never been an issue for me, but it's clearly giving you some problems - so why not just try to follow the instructions exactly, and get a working system. You can fiddle afterwards...

i installed Omnisphere 2 now and used these folders (omnisphere installer had the previous paths as default…).

32Bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\Spectrasonics

64Bit
C:\Program Files\vstplugins\Spectrasonics

STEAM Library
E:\VST Files\Spectrasonics

And then i started Omnisphere (i deleted the OLD Dlls!) and rescanned, Omnisphere couldnt find the STEAM Folder and wanted me to point to it, i did it and then the following pop ups AGAIN came up!
See attached pics.
When i re-opened my host it was the same question and the same pop ups…. Im getting really annoyed.

This all started when i installed keyscape the first time in the past, omnisphere had never such probs.

EDIT
OK UPDATE before i send this email i had it still open:

I installed ALL new updates! Then it starts ok so far it seems. But how shall i install keyscape now?
I will install it also to

64Bit
C:\Program Files\vstplugins\Spectrasonics

But where the STEAM library? Can i install it also in

STEAM Library
E:\VST Files\Spectrasonics

Cause there ist he STEAM library of Omnisphere 2

nvm
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Instruments”