Structure 2 (vs Halion)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

I just got an email from VSTBuzz with a 70% off for Structure 2. I've never checked this sampler and I've hardly seen any mentions about it in the forums. Seems to be very unpopular. Unfortunately Air doesn't offer a demo version on their website, so I can't try it, but I checked some videos and I pretty much like its interface and workflow. One thing that I noticed though, is that it seems to have a very basic modulation section (just two LFOs?).
What are your thoughts? How it compares to Halion for example (especially the modulation capabilities)? Is the 37GB library any good? Does it have keyswitches for different articulations on acoustic patches?

Cheers

It's a dinosaur compared to what the likes of Kontakt, Falcon, Halion offer. The factory library is semi-decent, semi-crap. I got it with AIR's complete bundle but I never really use it, it doesn't have any redeeming qualities as far as I'm concerned.

If Mixed up with main library, it is fine.
But if you want to buy it as a your main weapon, i bet you will not be satisfied.
I think it's like a 90s pcm synth.

If i remember correctly, there are patches with keyswitch. (I wil check it If you want)

EvilDragon wrote:It's a dinosaur compared to what the likes of Kontakt, Falcon, Halion offer. The factory library is semi-decent, semi-crap. I got it with AIR's complete bundle but I never really use it, it doesn't have any redeeming qualities as far as I'm concerned.
+1

You could demo it via PluginBoutique​

I have to respectfully disagree with the other posters who do not like Structure.I have Kontakt 5 and Structure and find the real world instruments are often superior in Structure. For instance,load up Kontakt grand piano and then Structure,the first thing you notice is the Kontakt piano is bathed in reverb. Whenever a sound is not presented dry (no fx) I start to wonder what they are trying to hide. The Structure piano sounds far superior to my ears,while Kontakt piano sounds wooden and artificial. The main drawback is that Structure sounds load slower than Kontakt if that is important to your workflow.

But bear in mind that I rarely do synth sounds,and I play my instruments in by keyboard in realtime and not sequenced,as that may have a bearing on the finished composition.

But in the end it is one persons subjective opinion against anothers.

EvilDragon wrote:It's a dinosaur compared to what the likes of Kontakt, Falcon, Halion offer. The factory library is semi-decent, semi-crap. I got it with AIR's complete bundle but I never really use it, it doesn't have any redeeming qualities as far as I'm concerned.
+1 no comparison except that both can replay sampled audio.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I don't use Structure a lot, but, if you don't do a lot of instrument creation in Kontakt, Structure is a lot faster for setting up sampling instruments of your own. I agree also that there are some useful and unique instruments in there.

I think that it's a better deal with the AIR bundle which, if I'm not mistaken, can still be had fairly cheaply.

It should go without saying that comparisons with Halion,Falcon,Kontakt etc are multiple times more expensive than the whole Air package put together!

We are not comparing like for like here,nor are we taking into account peoples budgets.

I paid 75 dollars for the whole Air package,and for someone who is not a professional musician/producer it is perfectly adequate to use in compositions.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :tu:
shidostrife wrote:You could demo it via PluginBoutique​
Great! I'll get the demo. Weird that the developer doesn't offer a demo version on their website, but PluginBoutique does.
ghettosynth wrote:Structure is a lot faster for setting up sampling instruments of your own.
That's my impression as well. I have Halion 5 and Kontakt but I use them pretty much only as romplers (modifying the factory patches to some extent, that is). But for creating sampling instruments, their workflow is not at all my cup of tea. Structure seems more handy, straightforward and intuitive.

One more question: are there any (third party) expansions/libraries for Structure?

KTlin wrote:One more question: are there any (third party) expansions/libraries for Structure?
]
I have never seen any. That's what Kontakt is for.

I find Structure GUI painfully small on the monitors of today.

KTlin wrote:Hi guys

I've never checked this sampler and I've hardly seen any mentions about it in the forums. Seems to be very unpopular.
And there is an obvious reason for that :lol:

Neon Breath wrote:
KTlin wrote:Hi guys

I've never checked this sampler and I've hardly seen any mentions about it in the forums. Seems to be very unpopular.
And there is an obvious reason for that :lol:
Here is my guess as to why it is unpopular.......

"its unpopular because its unpopular" !

Lets try and forget that it was Digidesign that made it (Pro-Tools).

It is ridiculously cheap !

37 gig of very good samples !

But if it is any good as an actual old fashioned sampler I have no idea.

Come to that,none of the so called vst "samplers" are actually samplers are they?

Not like a Fairlight or Akai s1000 or Roland S50 (great fun).

They are really just romplers with the ability to edit.

But I guess it will remain unpopular because everyone says its "unpopular".

Return to “Instruments”