Auto Play Audio Ads

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, I looked to see if this was reported already but couldn't find anything.

KVR forum is for people who do music. For some of us, it's our livelihood in some form or another.

Regardless, it's very distracting when you're trying to work on a song or sound library and these auto play ads start up.

Isn't there some way to stop this?

Thank you for your assistance

already threaded, but i wrote it, so understandably difficult for you eh.

those freeze my system for several or eight minutes before barfing a 15 second blurb about washing machine powder or the new toyota. browser won't do anything, neither will kvr.

i'm glad we could share this journey called life together, because there's a big toilet at the end of it and i'm going to enjoy watching.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:already threaded, but i wrote it, so understandably difficult for you eh.

those freeze my system for several or eight minutes before barfing a 15 second blurb about washing machine powder or the new toyota. browser won't do anything, neither will kvr.

i'm glad we could share this journey called life together, because there's a big toilet at the end of it and i'm going to enjoy watching.
:sigh: So in other words we're stuck with this crap?

wagtunes wrote: :sigh: So in other words we're stuck with this crap?
no, *you* and *i* are stuck with this crap. lodge members get a list of sensitive personal information about anyone trying to make anything happen :party:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

wagtunes wrote:Isn't there some way to stop this?
Adblock Plus ( https://adblockplus.org/ ) and/or ScriptBlock ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kaecnpajba ) has worked for me over the last few years :)

I use the Adblock Plus extension for Firefox on my internet pc. I usually visit KVR on a win smartphone, and never hear any audio adds. :shrug:

mcbpete wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Isn't there some way to stop this?
Adblock Plus ( https://adblockplus.org/ ) and/or ScriptBlock ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kaecnpajba ) has worked for me over the last few years :)
Thanks. Installed it. We'll see how it goes.

When I am doing music creation and experiments, I use my offline computer, so I don't have that problem. But this is interesting: you stated "For some of us, it's our livelihood in some form or another."

Does this mean that you don't have a day job? That it's possible to live on your music creations alone? Wowee, that would be a great life. So how do you do it? Teach me teach me teach us teach us. If you have time and desire.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I have Adblock Plus deactivated on KVR, and i never had an auto play audio ad...

harryupbabble wrote:When I am doing music creation and experiments, I use my offline computer, so I don't have that problem. But this is interesting: you stated "For some of us, it's our livelihood in some form or another."

Does this mean that you don't have a day job? That it's possible to live on your music creations alone? Wowee, that would be a great life. So how do you do it? Teach me teach me teach us teach us. If you have time and desire.
My wife and I are both retired. I do this for spending cash as the pension fund goes to paying the bills. So while I don't earn a ton of money (I'm no Max Martin) but I do earn enough so that losing that income would be a problem, albeit a small one.

But that's all besides the point. We should be able to come to this forum and not be inundated with ads that are blasting in our ears when we're trying to do a demo.

That isn't a lot to ask for from a site that essentially caters to musicians, producers, sound designers and anybody who has something to do with generating sound.

What I earn is not the point.

chk071 wrote:I have Adblock Plus deactivated on KVR, and i never had an auto play audio ad...
Well lucky you. I had two this morning alone.

You mean in the top bar, or in the side bar? I have ads on KVR: In the top bar. In the side bar, above and below the Plugins/News/Deals etc. thing, and left and right of the middle frame. I think most, if not all of those are Google Adwords stuff, and shouldn't show such aggressive ads.

Okay, that makes sense, the retirement part. Thanks for the reply and I hope adblock does the job for you. Have a great day.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

chk071 wrote:You mean in the top bar, or in the side bar? I have ads on KVR: In the top bar. In the side bar, above and below the Plugins/News/Deals etc. thing, and left and right of the middle frame. I think most, if not all of those are Google Adwords stuff, and shouldn't show such aggressive ads.
At the very bottom of the page in the Instruments sub forum. It's a section where I guess they show video ads that play automatically. Most have no sound. But some do. They shouldn't be allowed here.

Of course that's just my opinion which isn't worth much around this place.

wagtunes wrote:Regardless, it's very distracting when you're trying to work on a song or sound library and these auto play ads start up.
Close down kvraudio.com in the browser

In order to do a song or make a sound library, I don't understand why a user has to be on KVR at the same time?

Return to “Site Stuff”