as a guitar player, id just to like to make the observation

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that capos are never f*cking where you want them to be. i've lived by this simple rule for years and its never lete me down. i don't use them often but when do i decide to, oh boy, you know its going to be an ordeal. i know i can't be alone in this

so in that spirit, i found a big strip of vel cro, and if i can find something rubbery to go over this toe nail clipper bar i'm gonna make it make do in favor of playing where's the capo again for a half hour

it really never fails

You're supposed to buy more than one.

oh man, i bought such a nice one, one of the ones held in place by its own torque wuth a little adjusting screw. i lost that one somewhere in my apartment, which i later cleared out completely when i moved :?

i'm telling you, man. guitar player's curse

kamalmanzukie wrote:that capos are never f*cking where you want them to be. i've lived by this simple rule for years and its never lete me down. i don't use them often but when do i decide to, oh boy, you know its going to be an ordeal. i know i can't be alone in this

so in that spirit, i found a big strip of vel cro, and if i can find something rubbery to go over this toe nail clipper bar i'm gonna make it make do in favor of playing where's the capo again for a half hour

it really never fails
You will always find something in the last place you look. So why not save a lot of time, and just look there first :P

you're right, and that's what i did, and way more thoroughly than i wanted to because it was getting to me. i used it not two weeks ago to keep pressure on a violin fretboard while gluing it back on. this would be the third one to inexplicably go missing when i thought i knew exactly where it was, only to never be seen again.

i don't know if its leprechauns stealing from me or what, but i wont let it worry me. if i must take heavy capo casualties to make my way in this world, then so be it

Just leave the damned thing on... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihvvf1R_vWo

NOTHING is worse than having a pick you know is right there, and not being able to find it and have to get another. NOTHING!

(and no, they DON'T turn up later) :scared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXNE0g245A -- Annoying things guitarists deal with.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

incubus wrote:NOTHING is worse than having a pick you know is right there, and not being able to find it and have to get another. NOTHING!

just dropping a pick on a carpeted floor is to know you will never see that pick again

woggle wrote:
incubus wrote:NOTHING is worse than having a pick you know is right there, and not being able to find it and have to get another. NOTHING!

just dropping a pick on a carpeted floor is to know you will never see that pick again
I went on ebay and bought 40 of the f**kers and thought, "that'll sort it". The envelope full of of plectrums is in the house somewhere, I remember opening it.

donkey tugger wrote:
woggle wrote:

I went on ebay and bought 40 of the f**kers and thought, "that'll sort it". The envelope full of of plectrums is in the house somewhere, I remember opening it.
I'm sure that it's someplace safe. That's how I never actually lose things, I put them in some safe place. Even if they are misplaced for the moment, they're not actually lost.

donkey tugger wrote:
woggle wrote:

Its under the ashtray :wink:

I started buying more of them whenever I see a good deal and leave them everywhere there may be a guitar. I'm sure I'll lose all those too. Alas.

donkey tugger wrote:
woggle wrote:

Yep.

Jafo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXNE0g245A -- Annoying things guitarists deal with.
for a good solid 3/4 of that it's so spot on I hurt from laughing.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”