It's ... I need a mono synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi G's and B's

I'm in search of a decent mono synth with a nice layout - a fast programmable bread and butter synth. For OS Windows 64-bit paid or freeware and please with low cpu usage.

TIA
rabbit in a hole

Mmh... how about this? http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tal-noi ... ne/details It's a 6 voice polyphonic, but, obviously, you can set it to mono too, it's relatively light on ressources, and has a nice Roland-ish sound to it (i think loosely modelled on a Juno-60), and nice filters as well. Easy layout, and fast to program too. Maybe it's for you.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

$40 and sounds very nice. Demo before you buy anything :)

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 112-Dagger

I just found another one that I didn't see before and it's free. I will check it out myself

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... -Deep-Mono
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I'd also look at Fabfilter One and TAL Bassline-101, although both can be used polyphonically too.

Guys, just about any polyphonic synth can be played monophonically. So before we go down the rabbit hole of naming every synth in existence, yet again, maybe we should find out from the OP if he has any interest in a polyphonic synth at all. If not, then there are very few synths out there that are true monophonic only synths.

This will then narrow it down to a few synths for the OP to try out and possibly get him to where he wants to be a lot sooner.

hijack alert
wagtunes wrote:Guys, just about any polyphonic synth can be played monophonically. So before we go down the rabbit hole of naming every synth in existence, yet again, maybe we should find out from the OP if he has any interest in a polyphonic synth at all....
The person stated 'I need a mono synth' in the topic title and the OP.
ALSO, you may not get this, but a mono synth qua mono synth does not tend to have this broad a Venn overlap with synths which are designed as poly synths. There are behaviors that may tend to be ignored.

EG: I love Reaktor Spark. I got a nice bass patch out of it. I got sick of it, needing a mono synth, replacing it with NI Monark. NB: there's a good mono_synth.

jancivil wrote:hijack alert
wagtunes wrote:Guys, just about any polyphonic synth can be played monophonically. So before we go down the rabbit hole of naming every synth in existence, yet again, maybe we should find out from the OP if he has any interest in a polyphonic synth at all....
The person stated 'I need a mono synth' in the topic title and the OP.
ALSO, you may not get this, but a mono synth qua mono synth does not tend to have this broad a Venn overlap with synths which are designed as poly synths. There are behaviors that may tend to be ignored.

EG: I love Reaktor Spark. I got a nice bass patch out of it. I got sick of it, needing a mono synth, replacing it with NI Monark. NB: there's a good mono_synth.
You're restating what I just said. Exactly. True mono synths do things that many poly synths can't do. So why are people in this thread naming poly synths?

So believe me, I GET it. Thus the reason for my post in the first place.

Sheesh. Do people here argue just for the sake of arguing?

The Legend by Synapse Audio. Try the Demo. :wink:

http://www.synapse-audio.com/thelegend.html
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes. No.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
Yes. No.
No. Yes, clearly.

Oh, and monosynths, you want RePro-1, but it will suck the life out of your computer. You should just man up and get a new computer, some things are worth it.

wagtunes wrote: Sheesh. Do people here argue just for the sake of arguing?
Yes.
Arguing does have some benefits.
I do it to "train the muscles" of valid reasoning so to speak.

And because I'm right. And they're wrong. :D

That said... f**k man I want RePro-1
I can't afford it right now, so if that's what the OP gets I'll just live vicariously through her or him.

If you get RePro-1 will you post videos to youtube of yourself using it? Please? :love:
BTW I have a pretty damn robust rig (for 2 years old) and the RePro-1 demo... f**king causes the CPU to fly out of the tower and try to sodomize me, shrieking "Abuse! ABUSE you brute!" :party:

Also Monark, which I do have. And f**king love.

deastman wrote:
Yes. No.
I disagree entirely.

Yo mama.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Return to “Instruments”