It's That Time Again - I Need No Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah but have you heard my patch bank tho
Feed The Paw

I took my kazoo, made a soundbank with it, it's called Swagtunes, 20$ only for a limited time.

brainzistor wrote:I took my kazoo, made a soundbank with it, it's called Swagtunes, 20$ only for a limited time.
You're always posting shit like this to promote your Kazoo banks. It's not fair! - this decreases my the sales of my Ukulele presets.

I'm telling the mods.
Feed The Paw

recursive one wrote:Synths suck, give me a balalaika instead.

Well, at least i don't promote my soundsets cause i don't make any.
Hahaha! Hit and destroyed! :clap: :tu:

TheCatBurglar wrote:
brainzistor wrote:I took my kazoo, made a soundbank with it, it's called Swagtunes, 20$ only for a limited time.
You're always posting shit like this to promote your Kazoo banks. It's not fair! - this decreases my the sales of my Ukulele presets.

I'm telling the mods.
I'll be picking up some of your Ukelele presets once I have enough Kazoo banks ...

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:So who's up for some digital spooning then?
spoon.png
Needs more vintage aliasing
:borg:

If only every kazoo didn't come with 3000 presets. i want my kazoo to be it's own sound.

incubus wrote:Image

Do not blaspheme!!!!!!!!!
Every time I see Giorgio, Whoopi's line from Ghost comes to mind...
whoopi_ghost.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

aciddose wrote:So who's up for some digital spooning then?
i do not think you know quite what you are saying

hey, you hear about the little boy in his bedroom who did it digitally? :?

i need no synths, i need no synths, godspeed no synths, to me
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Dasheesh wrote:If only every kazoo didn't come with 3000 presets. i want my kazoo to be it's own sound.
You make some excellent points and I have to admit that I never looked at things from this perspective before.

The problem is, at least for me, once I've done 250 presets for a Kazoo, it's difficult for me to come up with things that are truly unique. I don't want to just do the same sounds over and over, give them different names, and call them a library. I feel that's not being fair to those who buy libraries from me to just get more of the same.

And let's really be honest here, I don't have a clue what am I doing in the first place. And of course this all depends on how complex Kazoo or Jaw Harp is. You're only going to get so many really different sounds out of Kazoo, especially if it's something like, say, Jaw Harp which has relatively few waveforms. I find, programming some instruments, by the time I start getting into the hundreds of patches, things start to really blur. I mean take a listen to the libraries for some of the simpler instruments than Kazoo and Jaw Harp. How many of those sounds are so similar to each other?

Something like Beer Can, I could probably make 300 patches of just soundscapes, by throwing it down the street. But that's an unusual instrument. Same for Lawn Mower, which I have done two libraries for, one of 605 patches and another of over 300. But those are the exceptions and not the norm.

And then there is my own personal experience with sales. My first Kazoo library has sold double the amount of sets as my followup for Jaw Harp. Same thing with Beer Can. My original Beer Can library has sold 5 times as many sets as my followup.

So for me, the "customer coming back to get a 2nd set of the same library scenario" isn't the case. Not even close. Thus, the reason why I refrain from doing more than one set for instrument. I don't want to put all that work into something and get minimal results.

''I Need No Synths''

Does this mean that you are giving away all of your Synths? If so, I'll take them. Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”