XLN RC-20 Retro Color

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

tedannemann wrote:Just to let you know: plugindiscounts.com is offering RC-20 currently for $67.79. Absolute bargain for the quality offered. I just noticed that the guys from Sonic Charge were involved realizing this fine thing.
The sonic charge guy did the original Addictive drums for XLN way back when. His software is the bee's knees. He also made some of the original reason devices.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
tedannemann wrote:Just to let you know: plugindiscounts.com is offering RC-20 currently for $67.79. Absolute bargain for the quality offered. I just noticed that the guys from Sonic Charge were involved realizing this fine thing.
The sonic charge guy did the original Addictive drums for XLN way back when. His software is the bee's knees. He also made some of the original reason devices.
Fredrik Lidström. After discovering Sonic Charge (and buying their plugins) I found the free emulation of the Yamaha TX16W (which is a bizarre concept to create such a thing). If you don't know the story on the TX16W is: its a sampler from the 90s. it had great promise offering true stereo reverbs, up to 8Mbx12bit memory via upgrade cards (4), floppy, in a nice rack package. I had one back in the day. The hardware was excellent. The software was a steaming piece of s--t code. Horrible. Basically the worst user experience in such a tool as I have ever experienced (I started doing electronic music in 1981, so I've seen a lot). Anyway, along came this 3rd party operating system called Typhoon. This was an unusual concept that someone would reverse engineer sampler hardware and build a complete operating system that actually was usable. The screen was something like 40x2 alpha back-lit. there was a key pad and some other buttons. the hardware interface really sucked and so really needed a good OS. that was another cool thing about it - the OS was completely in loaded software. Thus, enabled none other than Fredrik Lidström to create this new OS, Typhoon. Back in those days there was no web - internet was all text. I found out about it in the music newsgroups. I bought a copy from Fredrik directly. It was around $75 and well worth it. It turned what was a POS due to bad software design into a really nice sampler. In fact, I sold it to a friend years ago. He brought it over the other day for me to repair the floppy. Its sitting right here. With my copy of Typhoon I just mentioned on a floppy.

Been looking for a 64-bit Sonitex replacement for some time now. I haven't demoed this yet, but it looks like it might fit the bill. Immediate, one page, lovely UI. Shame that the modules aren't easily reorder-able, but the current arrangement does seem well thought out, FWIW. $68 isn't bad by any means, but $40-45 is my own personal valuation.

This is my first project using it as a global mix/colouring tool. It's a cheesy 80's scifi/horror film intro parody:

https://soundcloud.com/mcbpete/vr-82

mcbpete wrote:This is my first project using it as a global mix/colouring tool. It's a cheesy 80's scifi/horror film intro parody:

https://soundcloud.com/mcbpete/vr-82
super nice stuff! great use of this very nice kit.

audiosabre wrote:$40-45 is my own personal valuation.
Sweet. It's less than $34 @ JRR right now. Going to have to demo 8)

Damn that's a good price. I was interested when it was $60-something, but this is even better. I'm in :D

grab it, i couldnt have waited and bought it at release at around $60! great thing Satin + this really are working great together.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

yep, same - at its original price (even with JRR discount) it was a little steep for me, but on sale and with JRR discount it gets right into the price range i would want to pay for it (and the blowout price is even lower, hint-hint :) ).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

plexuss wrote:Magnus Lidström. After discovering Sonic Charge (and buying their plugins) I found the free emulation of the Yamaha TX16W (which is a bizarre concept to create such a thing). If you don't know the story on the TX16W is: its a sampler from the 90s. it had great promise offering true stereo reverbs, up to 8Mbx12bit memory via upgrade cards (4), floppy, in a nice rack package. I had one back in the day. The hardware was excellent. The software was a steaming piece of s--t code. Horrible. Basically the worst user experience in such a tool as I have ever experienced (I started doing electronic music in 1981, so I've seen a lot). Anyway, along came this 3rd party operating system called Typhoon. This was an unusual concept that someone would reverse engineer sampler hardware and build a complete operating system that actually was usable. The screen was something like 40x2 alpha back-lit. there was a key pad and some other buttons. the hardware interface really sucked and so really needed a good OS. that was another cool thing about it - the OS was completely in loaded software. Thus, enabled none other than Magnus Lidström to create this new OS, Typhoon. Back in those days there was no web - internet was all text. I found out about it in the music newsgroups. I bought a copy from Magnus directly. It was around $75 and well worth it. It turned what was a POS due to bad software design into a really nice sampler. In fact, I sold it to a friend years ago. He brought it over the other day for me to repair the floppy. Its sitting right here. With my copy of Typhoon I just mentioned on a floppy.
Fixed it for you. And for the future: Magnus is the code guy and his brother Fredrik is the graphics guy.

Just bought it from JRRShop but I am still waiting for my registration key.
Those of you who bought it through JRR, who sends the key, JRR or XLN audio?

jrr
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:jrr
OK, thanks, I will get in touch with them

normally it is send within a day :)

wormfingers wrote:
OK, thanks, I will get in touch with them
It could take upto 24 hours,it says that when you checkout

Return to “Effects”