Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Kr3eM wrote:
analogo13 wrote:Please integrate "Undo" and "Redo" into HY-Delay 2, like you did it in HY-Filter 2..

Thanks! :)
Guess it starts to run out of space, specially after last update with added Ducking control....

but perhaps the "registered" box could be deleted, the register function could just as well be included in the regular menu...

there's no real need or use to have that box there saying the plugin is register when the bottom right corner says "licensed to :" ...
Sorry for late reply.

About undo/redo for HY-Delay2
Parameter handle structure of HY-Delay2 and HY-Filter2 is different.
So for adding undo/redo to HY-Delay2 will take some time.

Lixma wrote:Does Seq16 respond to midi-in?

I can get it to run when I hit play on the DAW but I can't trigger or transpose the sequence with a keyboard or from the piano-roll.

I've a horrible feeling I'm missing something obvious but....

edit: also I would love to see the LFO page look like this :D

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://i.imgur.com/fH9wP7o.png</span>[/img]
Did you assign some midi notes to those functions?

There are assign menus in Midi tab.
Please check it.

I just started midi learn feature.
It will take some time, but this feature will make this kind of things easier.

and about LFO

Right now, I don't have a plan to add extra LFO units, sorry about that.

Tadashi

Hello,

I just released new sequencer plugin.
There are both free/commercial versions.

HY-MPS

block base step sequencer

Main Features:
• 8 sequencer blocks
• 2 LFO units
• scalable plugin window
• preset manager
• undo/redo
• value randomizer
• 8 snapshots per seq block
• bipolar swing amount.

http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/product/hy-mps/

Please check it.

Thank you,
Tadashi

It seems very interesting and looks very good, congratulations !

Looks cool ... thanks for the freebie. Will check it out :tu:

hyakken wrote:Hello,

I just released new sequencer plugin.
There are both free/commercial versions.

HY-MPS

block base step sequencer

Main Features:
• 8 sequencer blocks
• 2 LFO units
• scalable plugin window
• preset manager
• undo/redo
• value randomizer
• 8 snapshots per seq block
• bipolar swing amount.

http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/product/hy-mps/

Please check it.

Thank you,
Tadashi
Just bought it!
Congratulations on another fine product.
Looks beautiful too!

Got a FR for HY-FILTER:

Recently had to use old Kjaerhus Auto-Filter on a client project to recreate a specific sound. Auto-Filter has a feature called "R.H." - I don't know what this does exactly as there never was a suitable manual, but I assume it "holds" the Release or Resonance (can't tell). What is happening audio wise, is that the filter doesn't "wobble quickly", but actually creates some interesting sound movement/design elements.

I'd love to see something similar in HY-FILTER 2:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/classi ... rhus_audio

And please... FOR ALL of your plugins, a Tooltip (floating overlay window) that tells me at what setting I am with the knob. For example the filter. I can go by ear, but I'd love to setup a specific frequency for once.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Auto-Filter has a feature called "R.H." - I don't know what this does exactly as there never was a suitable manual...
Although not 100% sure but I strongly suspect that it is a "Random Hold" function for the LFO...

Hi Tadashi,

just discovered your great stuff and just trying the free ones.

Some questions:

- What I would like to do mainly with the to sequencers is to let them vary already existing midi tracks for example with some chords, so use the exisiting notes and "sequence" them

- in MPS midi2 trigger option is the only one that works (the other two wont stop playing when notes stop/muted) when I set the right center midi key etc. but not really as I intended, maybe its just not made for that or I have not really understand how to set it up correctly
- in SEQ I did not even find anything like trigger mode, sequence just plays on and on no matter which midi input notes are on the track, is there anything anywhere like the midi2 trigger from MPS ?

I think in FILTER2 there is a bug when trying to set the right preset path. That worked with all other plugs, with delay for example, but when I try to set the path in filter in mulab it crashes the daw evrytime

tried the free version of HY-MPS.
stops outputting midi when the gui is closed.
bug or feature?
daw is reaper on win7-64.

Compyfox wrote:Got a FR for HY-FILTER:

Recently had to use old Kjaerhus Auto-Filter on a client project to recreate a specific sound. Auto-Filter has a feature called "R.H." - I don't know what this does exactly as there never was a suitable manual, but I assume it "holds" the Release or Resonance (can't tell). What is happening audio wise, is that the filter doesn't "wobble quickly", but actually creates some interesting sound movement/design elements.

I'd love to see something similar in HY-FILTER 2:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/classi ... rhus_audio

And please... FOR ALL of your plugins, a Tooltip (floating overlay window) that tells me at what setting I am with the knob. For example the filter. I can go by ear, but I'd love to setup a specific frequency for once.
Kr3eM wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Auto-Filter has a feature called "R.H." - I don't know what this does exactly as there never was a suitable manual...
Although not 100% sure but I strongly suspect that it is a "Random Hold" function for the LFO...
about sample/hold function

I checked manual of classic auto filter.
and it says R.H. is random/hold function.
I thought this function is used for making random value with white noise at the first.
But maybe this one is used for processing lfo waveform.
I don't test the plugin itself, but this function seem very interesting.
Now I'm updating HY-Filter2, so I will try to add this to LFO unit of HY-Filter2.

about tooltip
You need specific parameter value like 5325.3Hz or 120ms or just 0 to 100(I don't how to say in English) value?
tatanka wrote:Hi Tadashi,

just discovered your great stuff and just trying the free ones.

Some questions:

- What I would like to do mainly with the to sequencers is to let them vary already existing midi tracks for example with some chords, so use the exisiting notes and "sequence" them

- in MPS midi2 trigger option is the only one that works (the other two wont stop playing when notes stop/muted) when I set the right center midi key etc. but not really as I intended, maybe its just not made for that or I have not really understand how to set it up correctly
- in SEQ I did not even find anything like trigger mode, sequence just plays on and on no matter which midi input notes are on the track, is there anything anywhere like the midi2 trigger from MPS ?

I think in FILTER2 there is a bug when trying to set the right preset path. That worked with all other plugs, with delay for example, but when I try to set the path in filter in mulab it crashes the daw evrytime
about preset path of HY-Filter2
I will check this issue.
This issue only occurs when you select "set preset location"?
"Open Preset Folder" works fine?

about trigger mode
normal trigger : HY-MPS will triggered by host, is this work for you?
midi1 : host is running and when hy-mps receives note-on, hy-mps will start to run
midi2 : similar to midi1, but when receiving note-off, hy-mps will stop
phdsg vn chfhn wrote:tried the free version of HY-MPS.
stops outputting midi when the gui is closed.
bug or feature?
daw is reaper on win7-64.
On Mac, HY-MPS outputs midi event fine when gui is closed.
I will test on Windows later.

Hi Tadashi,

thanks for the answers:
I will check this issue.
I choose menue/set preset folder. That makes no problem. But when I then click on "presets" to open a preset mulab instantly crashes.
about trigger mode
midi1 : host is running and when hy-mps receives note-on, hy-mps will start to run
My main problem was that I could not find something comparable for HY-SEQ, is there a comparable trigger mode ?

In general might be the problem that it is not intended to use with already existing midi tracks or I just have not found the right combination in MPS/SEQ to use it the right way.

hyakken wrote: On Mac, HY-MPS outputs midi event fine when gui is closed.
thx for looking into it.
meanwhile i tried the free version of hy-seq and it's showing the same behavior.

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:
hyakken wrote: On Mac, HY-MPS outputs midi event fine when gui is closed.
thx for looking into it.
meanwhile i tried the free version of hy-seq and it's showing the same behavior.
I tested on Windows7 with Reaper v5.32.
And it seems HY-MPS outputs midi event correctly when it'S gui is closed.
Which version of Reaper do you use?
tatanka wrote:Hi Tadashi,

thanks for the answers:
I will check this issue.
I choose menue/set preset folder. That makes no problem. But when I then click on "presets" to open a preset mulab instantly crashes.
about trigger mode
My main problem was that I could not find something comparable for HY-SEQ, is there a comparable trigger mode ?

In general might be the problem that it is not intended to use with already existing midi tracks or I just have not found the right combination in MPS/SEQ to use it the right way.
HY-SEQ16x3 doesn't have trigger mode function.
I will add it future update.

I tested HY-Filter2 with MuLab.
And preset menu seems fine.
hyfilter2_mulab.png
I do't remember well but HY-Filter2 had a bug which related to preset folder path.
I thought I have fixed it already, but I will check my code again.

edit:
can you tell me your preset folder location of HY-Filter2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hyakken wrote:about sample/hold function

I thought this function is used for making random value with white noise at the first.
Now I'm updating HY-Filter2, so I will try to add this to LFO unit of HY-Filter2.
Maybe test Auto-Filter first to actually hear what's going on - I can't describe it via TXT.
Auto-Filter is sadly 32bit and discontinued, an no other tool I know offers this "sound". This is why I'm asking for a FR.

hyakken wrote:about tooltip
You need specific parameter value like 5325.3Hz or 120ms or just 0 to 100(I don't how to say in English) value?
I'd like to see the actual value of the paramter in question. For Hz related knobs then in <nr>Hz and for ms related knobs in <nr>ms, for Mix knobs and strength knobs then 0-100 of course.

Sometimes, entering numeric values would be great as well - but you're actively working on updates of your tools, so I think that will happen sometime down the road.

Thanks for implementing.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
hyakken wrote:about sample/hold function

Maybe test Auto-Filter first to actually hear what's going on - I can't describe it via TXT.
Auto-Filter is sadly 32bit and discontinued, an no other tool I know offers this "sound". This is why I'm asking for a FR.

hyakken wrote:about tooltip
I'd like to see the actual value of the paramter in question. For Hz related knobs then in <nr>Hz and for ms related knobs in <nr>ms, for Mix knobs and strength knobs then 0-100 of course.

Sometimes, entering numeric values would be great as well - but you're actively working on updates of your tools, so I think that will happen sometime down the road.

Thanks for implementing.
I will check auto filter tomorrow.

about tooltip
If it's easy, I will add this next update.
But it seems this will take some time.

Return to “Effects”