Voxengo Premium Membership (in beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

masterhiggins wrote:Will the bundle raise in price with new plugins that you release? Otherwise, new purchasers of the bundle will get better pricing than early adopters. Maybe some people would wait it out to see what else you release and then potentially jump on the bundle.
The bundle price could be a fixed percentage of the total cost of the plugins included. That way current owners would get further discounts based upon what they have. Transfers vs Bought may be an issue though.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

masterhiggins wrote:Interesting. So if users buy the membership and then get a discounted license on a new plugin in the future, is that license bound to the same membership? Or can it be resold? That's a possible loophole you might want to consider closing if so. Otherwise people could buy a bunch of discounted licenses and resell them. Also, if the membership gives people discounts on other plugins on the site (like a second license if an already included plugin) that could be abused.

Will the bundle raise in price with new plugins that you release? Otherwise, new purchasers of the bundle will get better pricing than early adopters. Maybe some people would wait it out to see what else you release and then potentially jump on the bundle.
I do not see a problem with such "entrepreneurs" - it's too much of a hassle to resell plugins. Of course, theoretically it's possible that Premium or (pre-Premium) users will start selling previously purchased licenses, but I'm yet to see a negative impact of that.

Premium Membership price may change from time to time - depending on the sale results.

Or let this Bundle like it is now as Basic Membership intro.

All the new plugins then, there can buy with discounted price, because it is now a member or so.

It's also possible and not complicated.

It's an incredibly generous offer considering the extremely high quality of your plugins. Your plugins are in my top 3. I'm not going to tell who other two developers are, but 2 of their plugins cost almost as your Premium Membership.

The problem is that people generally still use eyes to evaluate plugins, not ears, and they fall for, not very functional but "realistic" looking graphical user interfaces. In other words - they hear pink elephants. :)

It seems like not many people care about top-notch quality DSP algorithms underneath. That's really sad, but hey, people are generally shallow like that, and even when they're not shallow minded, their eyes can trick them into thinking the sound is incredible, although the plugin is using just some fairly average DSP algorithms. :( Having said that, I think your GUIs are also some of the best on the market! :tu:

I wish you good luck with this. I think it might work really well. I'm really tempted myself. When do you plan to introduce it?

Cheers! :party:

P.S Thank you infinitesimally for your work, those really incredible freeware plugins like SPAN which has become "industry standard" of audio analysers. :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

It sounds like a great offer (if there is an adequate discount for current plugin owners, I am quite sure I spent much more on Voxengo plugins in the past then what you are asking now). My concern is, however: will you introduce challenge/response or dongle-based copy protection? If so, it would be a big minus ...

I'd buy this for sure

So in other words it's just a nfr bundle of your existing plugins for a very cheap price?

DuX wrote:I think your GUIs are also some of the best on the market! :tu:
Functionally they are the best. (IMO.)

That little OnScreen NumPad that allows you to input precise numeric values quickly with the mouse is simply genious and in my opinion something that all plugins should have. (With OvetoneGEQ you can even use it to set new band-frequencies. So cool to work with.) They also have full mousewheel support, fine-control via SHIFT, doubleclick reset, even sweep-set and direct-jump-to-value via right mousebutton. Personally, if all plugin UIs functioned the way Voxengos do, i certainly wouldnt complain.

As for the deal, ive demoed some of the commercial stuff in the past and always found it exceptionally good. Thing is i simply have pretty much everything i could possibly ever need so im not one to buy a lot of new stuff. (Especially not just for the sake of having new stuff.) But that membership thing really sounds enticing because it will give you access to ALL of the plugins at a dramatic discount. Definitely something to think about because the quality of Voxengo plugins speaks for itself. (Im a great fan of Boogex too, BTW.)

AKJ wrote:It sounds like a great offer (if there is an adequate discount for current plugin owners, I am quite sure I spent much more on Voxengo plugins in the past then what you are asking now). My concern is, however: will you introduce challenge/response or dongle-based copy protection? If so, it would be a big minus ...
Challenge-response and dongles won't be introduced.

Soundplex wrote:So in other words it's just a nfr bundle of your existing plugins for a very cheap price?
Yes, it can be seen as that.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
AKJ wrote:It sounds like a great offer (if there is an adequate discount for current plugin owners, I am quite sure I spent much more on Voxengo plugins in the past then what you are asking now). My concern is, however: will you introduce challenge/response or dongle-based copy protection? If so, it would be a big minus ...
Challenge-response and dongles won't be introduced.
good to hear

I would definitely jump on this if you introduced it. This is a great deal and I think would bring in some new people into the Voxengo family.
Sniffing corks hurts my brain

Premium Membership is actually already available for purchase. I will make a usual press-release and mailing list announcement in several days.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Premium Membership is actually already available for purchase. I will make a usual press-release and mailing list announcement in several days.
And I have already bought a membership :D
Sniffing corks hurts my brain

It certainly looks like a great deal to me. >25 plug-ins (value > $1000) for $260. So, you get NFR editions, with their future updates, for 26% of the standard price.

But ... which plug-ins are included? I could not see that on the web site. (I did see that there are 30 commercial plug-ins currently available, with a price over $2,100.)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Effects”