March Contest: Voting

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vote for your Top 10 favorite compositions, in order (most-favorite = #1, proceed downward). Please include at least the username of the composer (not just the composition name). This helps as I tally me some votes.

Voting ends on early a.m. (US Central Time), Saturday, April 1. It may be just a little while after that for me to tally the votes before the results threads appears due to a robotics competition on that date.

No voting for yourself. Voters must have had 20 prior posts, or at least have participated in the contest this month.

Once you place your vote, you cannot change it, unless permission has been granted by the moderator.

In the case of equal scores after voting, entries will be separated by how many 10 pts (i.e., how many #1 votes) they got, then 9 pts and so on.

A useful link (but please note the caution at the bottom of the page) :
http://farlukar.x10.mx/kvrcontest/

Thanks and good luck!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

General thoughts - quite a lot of the stuff this month was a bit 'samey' for me (as opposed to others when there's been loads of variety sonically), but there was one obvious top choice...On a more positive note, always good to see a few more entries. :D

David Stiles -Excellent, very big budget filmic

Beanpole - That must have been a massive dump for the bog to be flushing that long....80s indie guitar sound is top notch.

Clarago - the bass sounds nice - new strings are evil! Bit of a mix imbalance with the drums/bassguitar, but I like the bluesy riffs and the vocal mentalism

Zippy731 - Infectious bassline and good programming but seemed to stay a bit at one level , but nice!

Laguna Rising - the piano at the start reminded me of something - The theme from Sherlock! Guitar falls a bit btetween two stools -neither nasty or polite.

Bzur - clever use of the samples there, perhaps could build a lot more.

Ericbourne - Jath, or is it Jaath. Good drums. And a random accordion bit!

Jay F - Whales/clagers noises, definitely evoked the water theme

Hellfog - Nicely evoked claustrophobic effect

Bluerobot - Just crept in - a valiant quick effort nice cavernous sounds

Mr Natural - More jath (mebbe Jaaath..) Seemed a bit meandering, but mebbe the point!

Tasty Tatsyn - Kind of new agey and relaxing

Some good stuff in here. The makings of a nice water-themed ambient album, methinks.

My ratings, best first.
==========

davidstiles
So epic! Cinematic and awesome. I need to see the nature film that this is the soundtrack for.. something about water and air and life and death and narrated by David Attenborough.

bzur
lush and wonderful! bendy lead and beat play nicely. Great composition!

ClaRago
This one really grabbed me! FX are freaky and wonderful, riff & groove are just right. Dig.

Jay F
Lovely exposition here. Probably my favorite storytelling I heard here today. I can hear all of the inspiration (Europa, Odyssey, whales, etc) and the mix and sound choices are excellent.

bluerobot
Freakin' awesome! Lush and exotic, and very cinematic. Terrific!

donkey tugger
I enjoyed the toad the wet sprocket feel.. I liked the break with a little pop synth playing thru there. Your voice reminds me of Richard Butler / Psychedelic Furs, well done!

Hellfog
Cool ambient vibe, and definitely underwater-otherworldly! I admit I was a little surprised by the drum fill & beat about half way through, but it fit in just fine. Part iii with the squeaky resonant critter was a little surprising too. Very original track

Laguna Rising
Props for playing live! Juicy guitar licks.. nice Carlos Santana tone you got going there. Lots of layers (and work) throughout this piece

tasty tatsyn
love the ambience you built from the very start. very convincing and colorful. well done!

ericbourne
cool esoteric jazzy feel. You certainly took the water theme literally with the mixed percussion. Crisp mix.

Mister Natural
Trippy opening. Very psychedelic, suited the title and graphic. Soundscape is pretty interesting, lots to take in

Beanpole
I enjoyed the build, felt like the storm coming and going. Mix was a little heavy on the water, and hard to hear instruments sometimes, IMHO, but that's just taste. Good melody and composition.
Just because it's insane doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
------------------------
Before visiting my Youtube channel or Soundcloud, make sure your affairs are in order. You just never know.

01 - ClaRago - Walking on Water
02 - davidstiles - Rain Dance
03 - ericbourne - porch
04 - JayF - Deep Under The Seas Of Europa
05 - Mr.Natural - Swimming w Mr Frog While Tripping
06 - donkeyt - drip drip
07 - BlueRobot - Sirens Cave
08 - Hellfog - Floating underneath
09 - beanpole - Water Journey
10 - Bzur - aqua

1- donkey tugger - Drip drip
2- Jay F. - Deep under the seas of Europa
3- davidsstiles - Rain dance
4- Zippy731 - Safe to go back in the water
5- ericbourne - Porch
6- bzur - Aqua
7- Laguna Rising - Rain and mist
8- beanpole - Water journey
9- Hellfog - Floating underneath
10- blue robot - Sirens cave

1. davidstiles
2. zippy731
3. DonkeyTugger
4. bzur
5. Hellfog
6. ClaRago
7. bluerobot
8. ericbourne
9. JayF
10. Laguna Rising

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Hi all,

1 donkey tugger - Drip Drip
2 bzur - Aqua
3 tasty tatsyn - Blissfull Droplets
4 blue robot - Sirens cave
5 ericbourne - Porch
6 ClaRago - Walking On Water
7 beanpole - Water journey
8 davidsstiles - Rain dance
9 Laguna Rising - Rain and mist
10 Zippy731 - Safe to go back in the water
11 Mister Natural - Swimming With Mr Frog
12 Hellfog - Floating underneath
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2

I gave extra points this time around to things that seemed, to me anyway, a bit out of the ordinary. Not to say "better", but just different, and therefore caught my ear. All in all a fun theme and a great month of submissions... nice job everyone! :party:

01 // tasty tatsyn // Blissful Droplets

02 // bzur // Aqua

03 // Hellfog // Floating Underneath

04 // Jay F. // Deep Under the Seas of Europa

05 // eric bourne // Porch

06 // David Stiles // Rain Dance

07 // zippy731 // Safe to Go Back in the Water

08 // donkey tugger // Drip Drip

09 // Laguna Rising // Rain & Mist

10 // Mr. Natural // Swimming w Mr. Frog While Tripping

Deep Under The Seas of Europa - Jay F
Siren’s Cave - Blu Robot
Aqua
Blissfull dropltes
Safe to go back to the water
Swimming with mr frog
Rain Dance
Walking on water
Water Journey
Rain & Mist
Drip Drip
Porch

donkey tugger
ClaRago
davidstiles
Laguna Rising
Jay F
tasty tatsyn
Mister Natural
ericbourne
bluerobot
bzur
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

Really great stuff all around! But since I have to rank it, here's what I would say:

1) donkey tugger – drip drip – A fun, kind of joyous pop tune with some pretty great vocal stylings.

2) beanpole - Water Journey – I really like how you integrated the water and guitar sounds into this track as part of the narrative journey.

3) bzur - Aqua – Another example of really terrific work integrating all those water sound samples into a track.

4) tasty tatsyn - Blissfull Droplets – Really nice selection of sounds, very evocative of a journey into an underwater world.

5) ericbourne – porch – Cool, atmospheric and jazzy.

6) Hellfog - Floating Underneath – Definitely evocative of the title and the image that you gave it, and then you bring in the unexpected, ominous synth sounds. Nice work.

7) Zippy731 – Safe to Go Back in the Water – Cool and danceable track. I feel like this could be the base for a really great club track.

8) Mister Natural – Swimming w Mr. Frog While Tripping – Definitely a trippy feeling. In one part I felt like the sound of a waterfall was phasing in and out of my consciousness, which was very cool.

9) Jay F – Deep Under the Seas of Europa – Great idea for a water track, and you’ve got an appropriately suspenseful and otherworldly kind of sound here.

10) bluerobot – Siren’s Cave – Good ambient listening.

A very strong honorable mention to Clarago and Laguna Rising, whose tracks were also high quality.

Voting Closed! Results soon.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

nooo i'm too late,... just posting this to see what is KVR time and how late i am....

congratulations everyone and Water! we can't live without it and resonates with us like almost nothing else does..

Return to “Music Cafe”