Sundog Song Studio 3.0 coming soon - sneak peak time!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

Hey everybody,

the last months were quite busy here.. I decided to work on the next big update of my electronic songwriting solution Sundog Song Studio :) :phones: .
With Sundog it is possible to develop new chord progressions, melodies, basslines, and arpeggios within minutes. Sundog connects to any DAW via MIDI (Windows + macOS). More info here: http://feelyoursound.com/sundog/.

I am excited to show you some of the new features before the official release (which will probably be on 2017/04/13 (Thursday)).

Sundog 3 is going to be a free upgrade for all users :).
Sundog 3 will cost 55 EUR / $59. However, until 2017/04/23 you can get Sundog 3 for the old Sundog 2 price (44 EUR / $49).

Here are some of the changes and new features:
  • New name: Sundog Scale Studio will be called Sundog Song Studio from now on :party:
  • Own pattern search page: Search through the included patterns with the Pattern Finder. Numerous search options available.
  • New pattern structure: Sundog ships with over 200 patterns now, organized in subfolders.
  • Advanced pattern option: Randomize velocity to make natural instruments sound more.. ummm.. natural.
  • Advanced pattern option: Turn on multi-pattern mode to switch between different melodic rhythms during playback.
  • GM compatible preview synth with 128 instruments included.
  • Instrument menu with special pattern actions: "Reverse pattern", "Remove stop symbols from pattern", "Reset volumes in pattern", "Stretch pattern to double length".
  • Higher resolution for chord progressions: Deactivate "Settings -> Chords View: Show reduced (quarter notes) timeline when possible" if you want to work with sixteenth notes in your chord progressions.
  • Chords View: Better display of chord inversions.
  • Chords View: No message box after successful MIDI export anymore.
  • Start dialog with quickstart help. I am updating the online helper pages at the moment to cover more Sundog settings and features in detail (focus on video content).
  • Automatic chord progression optimizations ("Chords" menu): "Minimize finger movement", "Minimize bass note movement", "Minimize highest note movement".
  • Advanced pattern settings: Keep overlapping notes pressed when chords change.
  • More changes will be announced here soon.
I made a short video (7 minutes) for you which shows the new multi-pattern concept + velocity randomization in action (you can also catch a glimpse of the new Pattern Finder :wink: ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMSVuQQHA2w

Update 1: Here is another video. This time about the Pattern Finder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB5tykqJTMA

Update 2: The next video is about the automatic Sundog chord progression optimizations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARRkDJQMch8

Cheers,
Hauke of FeelYourSound
Last edited by hauke on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

This looks great :)

audington wrote:This looks great :)
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Will download the dem when v3 comes out :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:Will download the dem when v3 comes out :)
Will be out soooooon :)
(well, two weeks or so - that's what I hope ;) )

This is so awesome Hauke, but please please please : Sundog Studio as a VST :wink: .
Rob van Hees

Great news! I'm looking forward to checking out the new features.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

vanhaze wrote:This is so awesome Hauke, but please please please : Sundog Studio as a VST :wink: .
Using Sundog with MelodicFlow is a good idea then (at least as long as there is no Sundog VST - which I cannot promise right now). Personally I often create a chord progression in Sundog, drag it to my DAW, and then write the melodies using MelodicFlow VSTi. No need to open Sundog anymore, MelodicFlow does the rest.
There is a video available which explains the concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSITFjUb4to

Cheers,
Hauke

Highly recommend!!

Musical Gym wrote:Highly recommend!!
:wink: :tu:

Yes, this is neat !! :)
Rob van Hees

I love Sundog! Looking forward to the update! Any word on drag and drop support for Reaper by any chance?

I can drag the midi buttons in Sundog onto Reaper's Arrange Window and that will import Sundog's midi into Reaper Project.
But maybe you mean something else ..
Rob van Hees

looks good.

I do have a question though. While trying out chords in sundog, is it sending midi to the DAW to trigger the notes?

-dw

Yes, it does :0)
Rob van Hees

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”