MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

m00se wrote:i like modo bass ..the sounds are great ..but that keyboard player just sounds like a keyboard player playing a keyboard with bass sounds..to me its not what a bass player would play ..but in its own right i guess its a worthwhile thing ..id like to see videos of more real world bass playing via Keys
There were some good examples of that posted in this thread. Here is one, with famous basslines recreated using MODO BASS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ytGU0dkzY

Numanoid wrote:MusicTech gives Modo Bass 10/10 excellence rating in issue 169 (April 2017)
:tu: Thanks for posting this!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Numanoid wrote:MusicTech gives Modo Bass 10/10 excellence rating in issue 169 (April 2017)
:tu: Thanks for posting this!
Congratulations!

Do I understand the Sweetwater deal correctly, that by for example owning a DAW like FL Studio, or Bitwig for that matter, can crossgrade at half price?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ModoBassCG

There is a crossgrade deal at IK website, but requirement there is for user to have bought another IK instrument earlier valued at least at $99 to be eligible.

I read the SW deal as $50 discount :shrug:

don1thedon wrote:I read the SW deal as $50 discount :shrug:
The full price of Modo Bass is $299, the sale that has been running in March was at $199

The crossgrade offer brings the price down to $149, which is half the full price.

Yep, the extra $50 does bring it to half, I hadn't realised there was already a discounted MODO price from list. ("... any Virtual Synth / DAW" - easy to qualify for that then!)

My current project features MODO Bass and Amplitude Max on all guitars.

The first track.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -on-backup

Hope you like Peter. :band:

DarkStar wrote:Mind you, if it takes 8 years to get the first 12 basses, then we may be in for a bit of a wait. ;)
Nah, probably 8 years to perfect the modeling tech, the audio stuff, all the critical low-level stuff...the fundamental core stuff. Then, you built upon this foundation.

I understand how software development works. The bass instruments here probably come from some research into the different models, the different pickups, etc, but since everything is modelled at the fundamental level, it shouldn't be too difficult to add the guitars.

The drums, that's a different matter. Drums are going to be tough to get right, but then again, they may have already worked on that, and 8 years for a very big company is an eternity, so I'm sure the groundwork has been done, it's just the finishing touches, addition of various instruments (I'm going to assume Gibsons, Strats, Teles, Jazz guitars, and possibly an acoustic) will be much easier to integrate since the fundamental stuff has already been handled.

I'm sure the guitars will use the same base technology as the basses, and even though I presume (perhaps stupidly) that a bass guitar is nothing more than a guitar with low pitched strings), it shouldn't be too hard to rapidly develop the guitar side of things from this point in.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Jace-BeOS wrote:Most PM seems to be focused around university R&D (which is then bought up by someone and trapped forever in an IP portfolio prison). PM is a lot of maths and analysis of real acoustic objects. Thinking in physics formulae isn't for every programmer (and fewer paired with the rest of the skills needed to bring a pretty product to market). I suspect that this, and the IP jail problem, is why there's so little PM being done.
The IP portfolio "prison" problem is probably a good one in a sense, since the technology can then only be bought up by another party with very deep pockets. I'm sure IK have such pockets, and because they have the development teams, the huge resources, and the means to execute a product using that knowledge, when the "prisoner" is finally released they will be most likely have the best possible start once they go "out into the world" so to speak.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

We have a new walkthrough video available:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcOvjqkfQa8

Peter, are there any updates to MODO Bass planned? Like e.g. adding custom or at least common (regular, drop, 5-string, all in half- and full-step up and down variants) tunings?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:Peter, are there any updates to MODO Bass planned? Like e.g. adding custom or at least common (regular, drop, 5-string, all in half- and full-step up and down variants) tunings?
+ 1

... and more controller mapping flexibility...

+1

Did I just +1 my own post? Yes, yes I did!
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Burillo wrote:Peter, are there any updates to MODO Bass planned? Like e.g. adding custom or at least common (regular, drop, 5-string, all in half- and full-step up and down variants) tunings?
Yes there will be updates to MODO BASS coming. I don't have a specific list of what will be in future updates but requests have been forwarded to the team and I hope that future updates add functionality that you want. Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”