Favorite Autechre track/album?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've always thought that AE are quite good in making cool sounds and cool loops, but pretty mediocre in crafting pieces from the material (as are most of their IDM contemporaries). The end results tend to sound loopy in a bad way and often are unable to maintain interest for their whole length. Lacking structure, narrativity and real depth IMO. Also I think they exhibit pretty strong and dated mannerisms that get a little tiring these days. Finally I don't think they're really pushing sonic boundaries anywhere they weren't pushed decades ago already.

That said, I do own most of their output and I do enjoy a lot of it. Tri Repetae(++) is good but pretty unlike the rest of their output. Incunabula and Amber are nice and soothing pieces of early IDM and give a warm nostalagic feeling. From their latter output I'd say Confield is maybe the most fully formed (and possibly my favorite AE album) but the others have some very beautiful moments as well.

But I haven't given their stuff a proper listening for a very long time, I should do that...

Fave album is Amber.

Fave track would be Cap IV (closely followed by Laughing quarter, Under Boac, Surripere, Hub, Nuane, Tilapia, Teartear, Nine and lots of other tracks).

Agreed Cap IV is insanely good!

Mine would be "Bike", played that song to death, still put it on now and then. Amazing track.

Gantz_graf.
One of their more extreme tracks, but underneath the raw percussive sounds there's a cool funk track. Then, at 2/3, the track appears to be falling apart completely, only to give way to beautifully haunting harmonics. After that, the harshness seems to be fighting it's way back in, and then it ends with a "poof" which is beautifully visualized in the video.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

favorite track has to be Eutow
favorite EP Anvil Vapre

Time for thread necro...

Die hard Ae fanboy since their almost very beginning.. warp, artificial intelligence... .

Confield to me. Especially Pen expers there, and Lentic Catachresis. Uviol grew on me. That minor scale stuff which disturbs the beauty. Lovely.

Loving Ae most, if they push boundaries but things work. Happened with Stop Look Listen. Happened in Surripere, those wonderful transitions between parts there. Happened in Pendulu hv moda. Chaos seems handcrafted, like as if the place every crackle manually. I mean... dat ending of Confield. Ends with handplaced clipping like crackles. WONDERFUL, THE GODS ARE AMONGST US. Gantz Graf was a revolutionary, but basically very traditional song. Love it.

I was like a screaming girl and in a funny mental state when they did ama at WATMM. Waaaaaaa, they replied to me a few times :clown: :love: :roll: I wasvready to throw pants
Nobody understood me IRL. normal ppl. pffft.

sweet_trip wrote:favorite track has to be Eutow
favorite EP Anvil Vapre
Definately agree on Eutow. My fave too.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Over the years my favorite Ae song was (in this order):
Second Bad Vilbel;
Eggshell;
Gantz Graf;
Under BOAC;
Eutow.

Right now: See On See.

Album: very hard to choose between the first three, but probably Incunabula.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Die hard Ae fanboy since their almost very beginning.. warp, artificial intelligence... .
I too was a die hard ae fanboy during the period '95-99 8)

Favourite album: Amber, of course! :borg:

Tracks are more difficult, an interpolation between VLetrmx21 and Laughing Quarter maybe.

If you haven't heard any of the AE_LIVE sets or elseq 1-5, do yourself a favor!
I really think it's some of their best work.

I didn't really start listening to them until their Draft 7.30 album, but I'd probably say that Tri Repetae++ is my favorite. Just more songs that I can get into without sustaining a migraine. Fav track is probably Clipper followed closely by C/Pach.

Their Peel Sessions are extremely good.

Doctrine
Piezo
Eutow (my absolute favorite)
Rsdio
Cichli
Arch Carrier
See on see
Bike

(*+ Lego feet - ''Ska001'') :love:
Last edited by Optical Fingerprint on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Favourite tracks:
Eutow
Eggshell
Second Bad Vilbel
Mag (Ae remix)

Favourite albums: Incunabula or Tri Repetae++

I just saw that Clark releases his 9th album on Warp this week. More of that indie IDM meh :(

I am just thinking how much that label has lost its way.

In the 90's more or less every Warp release was an event.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”