Tracktion Waveform launched! (The successor to Tracktion 7)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Tracktion have changed the name of their DAW from Tracktion to Waveform to differentiate the company name (Tracktion) from the DAW name (was Tracktion, is now Waveform)

- Improved and extended midi handling/tools
- Introduces modular mixer
- Adds sampler/synth Collective
- Raspberry Pi-version in addition to WIN/MAC/LINUX

Pricing structure:
Waveform Basic $99
Waveform Basic Upgrade $50
(no info, but image suggests it includes Collective sampler)

Waveform+ Pack $150
Waveform+ Pack Upgrade $99
(includes Collective sampler, DAW Essentials Collection, Master Mix, Micro Synth Pack, and Celemony Software’s Melodyne Essentials)

Waveform Ultimate Pack $200
Waveform Ultimate Pack Upgrade $150
(includes Collective sampler, DAW Essentials Collection, Master Mix, Micro Synth Pack, Celemony Software’s Melodyne Essentials, and Biotek Synth)
Last edited by skipscada on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waveform is TracktionAte .....T8 ... I'll most likely be getting the $99 upgrade.. DAW Essential plugins might be a nice added thing for $49 on top of $50 = $99 and you can use them with other hosts on all 3 OS platforms Mac Linux Windows ... The EQ and the Delays look most interesting for me I already have MasterMix ... I guess I'll think it over before the weekend ... I've loved Tracktion since the T1 nfr version I got for free ... T8(Waveform) looks awesome ..... Seems like they've really out done themselves ...

Well, gonna think about it for 50 bucks update. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Looks great and. all, but good googly moogly the download is huge! And every time I tried to download. it would get close to halfway before it sputtered out and stopped. Is it just me?

Yeah , I guess they rolled the included Collective (sampler/player) and it's included library into the TracktionATE8 ( Waveform) installer. It's kind of a turnoff to me as I just purchased the bundle . But hey I guess Props Reason and a few others do the same ... I know there is a strategy to get NEW users or NEW Musicians to try the product and this is a major selling point ... I guess I'll get off my soapbox it's almost finished ... Downloaded .. I would've rather seen Collective and it's Library as a separate download and usable in other hosts but oh well I guess there is marketing strategies at place here ... I think Presonus did the same with there soundfont player too ... Never cared for it ...

After a very quick install of the demo(under 20 mb), it has elegant looks, setup is a breeze, keeps the inovative approach to daw workflow/mixer just as the previous versions, audio editing, quantize, pitch correction etc. are easy to perform, outcome quality is the usual elastique one.
CPU usage is not so good for me, guess Reaper spoiled us here. I think the nice looks are pushing the CPU more than they should.

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Looks great and. all, but good googly moogly the download is huge! And every time I tried to download. it would get close to halfway before it sputtered out and stopped. Is it just me?
No its not just you, My Download kicked the bucket a few times. Once when it was at 2.9 GB through the DL, extremely frustrating. My guess is Tracktions website is currently overloaded with traffic :-?

Can you not download a copy without the samples? Don't need them.

The entire tracktion website is broken for me - every page just displays a 404 after about 10 seconds of pondering.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

You broke the internet ..

aMUSEd wrote:Can you not download a copy without the samples? Don't need them.
Seems not :smack:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

need to reset my password but i cant reset my password, too many reset requests?????

Collective looks like a meaty addition :)

hmm.
they still haven't done anything to make beat chopping simpler.
the current method is hideously convoluted. Anyone who does this a lot will not be happy with it. a mystifying detail in what is a good daw overall.

I think it's been the same for along long time " Beat Slicing " Bill Edstrom has done some YouTube videos during Tracktion 6 on how to do it , it's a little labor intensive if your slicing some big loop with alot of ghost notes and high hats hits. I think the beat slicing thing goes a way way back to Tracktion 1 and 2 days .....Renoise/Redux slice stuff nicely .. I don't know why there still isn't an Auto-slice thingy like Live and so most other Softs have ... Come to think about it it does seem very Dinosaurish .... Aside from that Waveform is a Very Nice ..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”