Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*******NEVER MIND*********
Editing and re-posting this in the main SM1 thread in the instruments sub-forum.

Several things:

Bug in standalone version: hit the escape key and – poof – the synth shuts down with no saves and no warning. I would imagine that behavior is not what was intended.

Buglet that I can’t find a repeatable pattern for: left (and maybe also right) click on the waveform in LFO1. Now click (left or right, doesn’t seem to matter) in the middle top area where the current patch name is displayed. Sometimes there is no response at all while at other times you get the expected menu. Another oddity is that after the click on the LFO 1 waveform, you occasionally see a busy cursor (little circle going round and round) suggesting the synth is busy. Click anywhere and it immediately stops whirling.

Not a bug necessarily but confusing: set the preset to the initial patch and the name of the previous patch remains in the upper middle box.

Now, the questions. The documentation is a bit vague on several things regarding importing waves. I infer from what’s in the manual that you get a single-cycle wave imported by virtue of the fact audio in the file is no longer than 2048 samples. More than that and the file is regarded as containing a wave-table, but in that case the file must be a multiple of 2048 samples. So, what is all that business about a file naming convention that denotes the associated pitch of the original sample? If the file is holds a single cycle, then that information is irrelevant. If it’s a wave-table with each entry 2048 samples, same thing. This is confusing. Also, unstated but useful information: what happens if the imported file is other than mono?

Finally, I haven’t had time to explore this yet, but the manual is confusing. The units of cutoff in the filter (as shown in the manual) are not frequencies but numbers that have no logical mapping to frequency. A tiny bit of explanation might go a long way in making this more comprehensible.

Return to “KV331 Audio”