Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
chk071
KVRAF

12155 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:54 am Re: I'm tired of these 10points reviews...

murnau wrote:OP is right, Anyway, i don't read that crapy "reviews" section anymore, I couldn't care less.

Same. Kind of. :P Unless the reviewer's name is Aiyn Zahev or Sendy (or the likes).
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Robmobius
KVRAF

2858 posts since 9 Sep, 2010, from A shit hole (Ireland).

Postby Robmobius; Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:37 am Re: I'm tired of these 10points reviews...

Reviews, for the most part, are utterly laughable. I detest reading magazine reviews (and certain blogs) as they are mostly just made up fake crap. People like their pulicity and free plugins.

There's a couple of youtubers I trust in fairness.

But I give my own reviews 30 out of 10, go me!
Dublin City: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Daimonicon
KVRist

193 posts since 30 Aug, 2012, from Sweden

Postby Daimonicon; Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:22 am Re: I'm tired of these 10points reviews...

Well I don't read reviews here at kvr. I make all my decisions on the demos and don't care about a review. If I like it and can justify purchasing it I will. If I don't like it, or doesn't offer me anything new, I just erase it from my pc. I haven't read a music magazine for ages and I don't give much for most of their reviews either since they are biased. They don't want to give negative reviews to manufacturers who advertise in their magazines. You don't want to bite the hand that feeds you.
incubus
KVRAF

4747 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby incubus; Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 pm Re: I'm tired of these 10points reviews...

I'm still trying to figure out why this is "site stuff" :shrug:
Numanoid
Suspended

Postby Numanoid; Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:11 am Re: I'm tired of these 10points reviews...

Three reviews added this last week, and all are 10 out of 10.

And people say Computer Music is biased :hihi:
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

8963 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 am Re: I'm tired of these 10points reviews...

There are various criteria, for instance absolute performance vs performance relative to price. If a bargain is as good as a €xxx-plugin, it would be kind of unfair to give them the same score.

But as someone else said, most people only write reviews if they are either seriously impressed or pissed by a product. That might explain the inverse Gauss distribution :hihi:
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Site Stuff