Eh. Psp going back to PACE.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's it, I blame Apple! :hihi:

Actually their OS updates breaking software compatiblity seems to be a major issue with a lot of software, not just audio plugins.

masterhiggins wrote:
plexuss wrote:
Aloysius wrote:They should have just dropped macOS support. It would have upset a lot less people. :)
Dont under estimate the number of macOS music software users out there. :wink:
Even though the PC user base is a lot larger in the rest of the world, it's much more split with Mac for some companies. I can't remember if it was Cytomic or Valhalla that said their customer base is 50/50.
Valhalla DSP currently stands at 70/30 for total sales, in favor of OSX. The 50/50 figure for the Valhalla plugins was a few years ago.

Never had a problem with ilok although the loss of it worries me.

valhallasound wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
plexuss wrote:
Aloysius wrote:They should have just dropped macOS support. It would have upset a lot less people. :)
Dont under estimate the number of macOS music software users out there. :wink:
Even though the PC user base is a lot larger in the rest of the world, it's much more split with Mac for some companies. I can't remember if it was Cytomic or Valhalla that said their customer base is 50/50.
Valhalla DSP currently stands at 70/30 for total sales, in favor of OSX. The 50/50 figure for the Valhalla plugins was a few years ago.
What, really? Even after my friends and I bought most of your stuff?

Where do I put that I don't use macOS so I can help skew stats (like it matters)?

What a bummer after reading the email about the PSP stompFilter v1.1.0 update today.

One of the main reasons for buying a nice collection of PSP plugins was the fact they didn't use eLicenser/iLok/PACE stuff.
None of these licensing systems will ever enter my system.
The fact you don't need the physical iLok USB dongle doesn't make it any better. It's all the same garbage to me.

I hope PSP knows what they're doing with their new policy, or should i say bad old policy, but they lost me as a customer and are back on my blacklist together with the other iLok/eLicenser worshipping companies that will never see one cent out of my pocket, no matter how fabulous their products are. Every piece of software is replaceable and hardly any of them is essential to produce music.

It's very annoying to know that Windows users are victims of this policy because MacOS messed it up... Great job Apple :bang:
PSP stompFilter v. 1.1.0 email wrote:Warm regards from cold Warsaw
Antoni Ozynski & Mateusz Wozniak & Piotr Dmuchowski
Warm :?: It feels like a ice-cold shower to me :!:
Bye bye guys...

No problem with all that and no piracy for their iOS plug-ins (Auria and Auria Pro). :D

plexuss wrote:I just got an email from PSP announcing an update to stompFilter. The new version uses PACE.
We understand that feelings run high about the PACE authorization system, because so many audio plug-in use it. We did not make this decision lightly, and we wanted to explain our reasons to you.

Authorization and copy protection is a pain not only for every legitimate user but also for us - developers. For the last couple of months, problems with our in-house authorization system has been our main cause for support requests, especially on macOS. It seems every OS update brought us new hassles and headaches. We are not a large company with dedicated support staff and programmers who just deal with authorization code; it was getting to the point that trying to keep our authorization system working was taking time away from PSP Audioware’s real mission: developing professional audio processors. We went looking for what technology is out there that other audio plug-in companies are using. The undeniable truth is that a lot of audio companies use PACE technology successfully. They’ve improved the speed at which they support updates to Windows and macOS considerably over the years. Many professionals in the audio world already have iLok accounts with hundreds of licenses that they use without issue so choosing PACE seemed the most seamless and trouble free option.

Our main goal is for this transition to be as seamless as possible to our customers, thus:
All forthcoming updates to existing plug-ins and new plug-ins in the future will use PACE. Versions of software available prior to this announcement will continue to use our in-house authorization system
We won't change our prices to pass our extra costs onto our users.
We intend to keep our license support as direct as before.
We will allow license transfers after initial approval without charging you the PACE license transfer fee.
We do NOT require you to use iLok hardware dongle - you can select hard drive authorization if you prefer.
For your convenience you can activate your license in three separate locations, each of which can be either a computer or an iLok key (2nd generation or above).
The transition of all our authorizations to PACE will take time, and we appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our user community as we make these changes.
Well, 3 authorisations is quite nice ... maybe plugin alliance can offer their authorisations for others in the future. Not sure I want PSP under PA directly, but their authorisation stuff seems ok.

Do europeans as well have to send a dongle to the US if it breaks with iLok? is there a european service center?

best

steff3 wrote:
plexuss wrote:I just got an email from PSP announcing an update to stompFilter. The new version uses PACE.
We understand that feelings run high about the PACE authorization system, because so many audio plug-in use it. We did not make this decision lightly, and we wanted to explain our reasons to you.

Authorization and copy protection is a pain not only for every legitimate user but also for us - developers. For the last couple of months, problems with our in-house authorization system has been our main cause for support requests, especially on macOS. It seems every OS update brought us new hassles and headaches. We are not a large company with dedicated support staff and programmers who just deal with authorization code; it was getting to the point that trying to keep our authorization system working was taking time away from PSP Audioware’s real mission: developing professional audio processors. We went looking for what technology is out there that other audio plug-in companies are using. The undeniable truth is that a lot of audio companies use PACE technology successfully. They’ve improved the speed at which they support updates to Windows and macOS considerably over the years. Many professionals in the audio world already have iLok accounts with hundreds of licenses that they use without issue so choosing PACE seemed the most seamless and trouble free option.

Our main goal is for this transition to be as seamless as possible to our customers, thus:
All forthcoming updates to existing plug-ins and new plug-ins in the future will use PACE. Versions of software available prior to this announcement will continue to use our in-house authorization system
We won't change our prices to pass our extra costs onto our users.
We intend to keep our license support as direct as before.
We will allow license transfers after initial approval without charging you the PACE license transfer fee.
We do NOT require you to use iLok hardware dongle - you can select hard drive authorization if you prefer.
For your convenience you can activate your license in three separate locations, each of which can be either a computer or an iLok key (2nd generation or above).
The transition of all our authorizations to PACE will take time, and we appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our user community as we make these changes.
Well, 3 authorisations is quite nice ... maybe plugin alliance can offer their authorisation infrastructure for others in the future. Not sure I want PSP under PA directly, but their authorisation stuff seems ok.

Do europeans as well have to send a dongle to the US if it breaks with iLok? is there a european service center?

best

I wonder how they are getting round not charging the iLok fee as I thought that was a charge levied by Pace, not the developer? If it is optional for developers then I wish more developers would take that option, on the other hand if they are adsorbing the fee how would that work as the payment is taken during the actual iLok transfer and it wont go ahead without it. Also I'd be concerned that this could prove too costly to them, Pace licensing isn't cheap as it is and they are adsorbing that.

i'm pretty sure you are wrong on that...
from the same nfo:
PROTECTiON : WRAPWARDEN/iLOK2 (v3.1.6)

aMUSEd wrote:I wonder how they are getting round not charging the iLok fee as I thought that was a charge levied by Pace, not the developer?
I'd also like to know this.
Image Image Image Image

ferranastals wrote:
As always legit users (like me) are the most affected for bad implementations of copy protections, because warez users use a better version than me.
Good job psp
an legit user which looks like very well informed whats cracked .

personal if ive reading your message i higly dont believe that , that you are an legit user .

sprnva wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I wonder how they are getting round not charging the iLok fee as I thought that was a charge levied by Pace, not the developer?
I'd also like to know this.
me too i would also like to know this .

hivkorn wrote:
so simple to crack?
Has been so for quite some time.

That's a big bitchslap in the face of PSP, that's for sure.
No signature here!

DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
As always legit users (like me) are the most affected for bad implementations of copy protections, because warez users use a better version than me.
Good job psp
an legit user which looks like very well informed whats cracked .

personal if ive reading your message i higly dont believe that , that you are an legit user .
+1
Last edited by hivkorn on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”