April Contest: Submissions "Musical Joke"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scherzo - Musical Joke

This month's contest is to write a light-hearted composition. While you don't have to adhere to any of the formal requirements of a Scherzo, you could always check out Wikipedia (or rely on your vast knowledge of arcane musical forms) for inspiration.

Make it funny and make us laugh... or smile wryly, at least. Have fun!

Submissions MUST follow these rules:

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 or .ogg format.

2 - A STRICT MAXIMUM of three minutes in length. If it shows up as 3:01 in my player, it's getting the boot.

3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
1 - knockman
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by early a.m. (US Central Time) Wednesday, April 26, 2017.

5 - Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry must be created using at least some audio plugins, virtual synths, or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1704_FunnyG_TooHIlarious.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - No resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. Please PM me for permission.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m Sunday, May 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to drapostrophex (that's me, Victor!) or ask in the gossip thread.
______
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Here is my submission for the April contest: "My crazy animal farm":
Download:
https://soundcloud.com/musikus/my-crazy-animal-farm

My daw is Cubase 8.5.
I use Arturia 2600 V, Kontakt 5 and Groove Agent 3 for this song.
Hope you like it. :-)

https://soundcloud.com/clauderagonnet/mr-mustard

As a toddler and for many years after that I was lucky enough to spend many happy holidays at my great grand mother’s farm in the Basque country which she, as a long-time widower, had to manage single-handedly although she was just over 5” high and thin as a blade. She had cows for the milk, pigs for the meat, chicken, ducks, geese for the eggs and Sunday lunch; she even harvested her own honey. There were also several dogs but only the oldest bitch, a completely white mongrel called Beltza ( which means black in Basque) was allowed inside as well as an ever changing number of cats.The cat I remember best was just massive , the size of 2 or 3 “normal" cats. It spent most of the days quietly asleep in an armchair next to the fireplace. Apart from its size what made this cat so special was that it was accustomed to let out without any kind of notice the most viciously pestilent and toxic farts. Even at the coldest time in winter there was no other solution but to open all the windows to refresh the air in the room. My great grand mother had nicknamed it “ Mr Mustard” (Monsieur Moutarde) and laughed to tears every time it happened especially when there were guests.

Electro Acoustic Guitar:Cort MR710F
Mike : Shure SM58
Soft Synths: AnalogLab2, Hybrid, SynthMaster, Zebra 2.
Drumbeat from Music Radar sample collection
Effects: Echoboy, PanMan.
Freesound sample: 333916__thearxx08__cat-meowing
Mastered with Ozone 7 in Live 9.

The Maze

HW:
Charvel guitar, DIY 'Swamp' strat, Alesis solo tube pre, Shure beta58, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Rocktron Chameleon, B-E-A-D 'Franken'-bass, Zoom MS-60B
SW :
Minimogue VA, NI Bandstand, NI Battery, TruePianos, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field
Samples :
babusrelaxtv -> light-rain
http://www.freesound.org/people/babusre ... ds/344430/

Because I'm British, puerile and immature I've just done this in 4 hours;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/04- ... e-dock.mp3

Very short - any longer would belabour the point...

Some gubbins;

Air Strike 2 drums
Amplesound ABPL, AGT and AGTC played on the midi-axe
Some organ from Satantank 2
1 (one, ONE!?) vocal track.

donkey tugger wrote:Because I'm British, puerile and immature I've just done this in 4 hours;

http://www.bennyleeds7. class="skimlinks-unlinked">myfreeola.uk/04-17-donkeyt-in-the-dock.mp3</span>

Very short - any longer would belabour the point...

Some gubbins;

Air Strike 2 drums
Amplesound ABPL, AGT and AGTC played on the midi-axe
Some organ from Satantank 2
1 (one, ONE!?) vocal track.
As an English person with a similar sense of humor :tu: :tu: :tu:
Put a smile on my face....

Kandy Girl

DAW
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Epiphone acoustic guitar
Line 6 Variax electric guitar
Shure SM57 mic

Plug-Ins
Tracktion 4-Band Equaliser, Low/High-Pass Filter, Compressor & Delay
OldSkoolVerb
Blue Cat Chorus
GDuckDly
Addictive Drums 2
Addictive Keys
TAL Reverb2 & Chorus
TDR Nova
Sampletank 3
vb-1
mdaEPiano
Roth Air
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

https://soundcloud.com/psyerichybrid/he ... er/s-5gqKz

Reaper, Kurzweil PC3, Zebra 2, AdDrums 2.
Eq, Limiter.

Return to “Music Cafe”