Waves 10 incoming?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Couple of days ago when I installed my new bought Waves Center I also updated my plugins and noticed that Waves Central upgraded some underlying Waveshell components to v10.xx. And now they sent an e-mail saying they have updated their plugins to V9.91. They are running out of numbers, so I would guess that V10 is not that far.

What could they bring to table with V10 though?

EDIT: That's what I like about them. Every single plugin they have ever made have been updated. No other plugin maker has that kind of commitment.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Every single plugin they have ever made have been updated. No other plugin maker has that kind of commitment.
... MeldaProduction? :D

robotmonkey wrote: What could they bring to table with V10 though?
Hmm... resizable guis ?

The new Waves Central now automatically checks for updates to your Waves plugins - and the H-EQ update includes "H-EQ Lite" which is lower CPU.. cool!

robotmonkey wrote: EDIT: That's what I like about them. Every single plugin they have ever made have been updated. No other plugin maker has that kind of commitment.
You mean they keep both plugins and 1,361 GUI's up to date. :hihi:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I would predict:
Resizable GUI's.
Makeover of some older plugin GUI's along the lines C1, Q10, L1 have been done in the past.
Hi-quality mode or V2 for older plugins, including the modelling ones.
Improved touch support for everything.
More plugins added to smaller bundles.
No signature here!

I just added a new Waves purchase and was of course forced to update my Waves Central, too, to the latest. In one project I used one of my favorite Waves plugin, the J-37 Tape. Do I recall incorrectly when I was found that some presets have changed? The category "fx" is now "delays ->effects", and some of the nice slap back delays are missing; anyway the sound changed?
I may have false picture of that, can you check? :?:

Hi I bought some new Waves plugins as well, and it requires the new Central to install. Is there an option to do not update the plugins already installed?

I noticed there's a system requirement for the SSL channels of minimum screen resolution 1280x1024 / 1600x1024, and my MacBook Pro is 1280x800, so I am afraid to update and lose the ability to see the entire plugin screen on my system (as it happens with bx_console..). I asked Waves support about any SSL channel screen changes and I am waiting for answer.

thanks

Pingafuego wrote:Hi I bought some new Waves plugins as well, and it requires the new Central to install. Is there an option to do not update the plugins already installed?

I noticed there's a system requirement for the SSL channels of minimum screen resolution 1280x1024 / 1600x1024, and my MacBook Pro is 1280x800, so I am afraid to update and lose the ability to see the entire plugin screen on my system (as it happens with bx_console..). I asked Waves support about any SSL channel screen changes and I am waiting for answer.

thanks
The first part in your question: no, I don't think you can affect to that, installer is "dum", i.e. all or nothing, the only way to avoid the old plugin re-installing is not to run the new installer at all/your new plugins at all.

Thanks!

FL Studio users: My existing H-EQ stopped working after the recent 9.91 update... had to uninstall/"repair" reinstall the whole lot through Waves Central and do a plugin rescan in FL Studio (with the "Rescan Previously Verified Plugins" option checked) and then it reappeared along with the new Lite version.

I will predict 50GB installation size... of which 49.9GB will be graphics, duplicates, and general useless bloat. :hihi:

Kinda like Arturia and IK...

My hope is that professional plugin makers will start making true vectorised GUIs, so they could be freely resizeable and the plugins would be much smaller since they would not have to contain many or any PNGs or/and BMPs.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I've never bought any Waves stuff, but I'm considering picking up a couple EQs with the current sale. Does this work like Melda's stuff where it's just one large installer, and the version increases for all of them whenever there's an update?

dumbledog wrote:I've never bought any Waves stuff, but I'm considering picking up a couple EQs with the current sale. Does this work like Melda's stuff where it's just one large installer, and the version increases for all of them whenever there's an update?
Not these days. You first have to download and install Waves Central and then you use this to activate and download only the plugins you have.
No signature here!

dumbledog wrote:I've never bought any Waves stuff, but I'm considering picking up a couple EQs with the current sale. Does this work like Melda's stuff where it's just one large installer, and the version increases for all of them whenever there's an update?
I don't know how it compares excatly to the Melda but basicly yes, Waves has so called Waves Central (WC) which you download from their site and install. You register purchased plugin first in the Waves site and then you install the plugin online via the WC. The WC generates so called Waves shell to your computer which inludes all your plugins (purchased or demoed). :clown:

Return to “Effects”