Steinberg releases FREE HALion Sonic SE 3 standalone/64-bit plug-in

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:...or HALion 6 users could share their sound creations
personal i think you see not that much user creations for SE 3 at this time , as already said in this thread , there needs to be follow alot rules to make that compatible and export for SE 3 . it even needs at least an interface on the macropage , you can not even combine and create new sounds from HS 3 or H6 factory content as SE 3 User could not even use or load it .

but anyway if you dont think so or dont believe it you could ask some other real Halion wizards .

i forgot to mention , look at this one made by the Guy behind HG Sounds ,

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 0&t=116232

its basically an sample player (one sample only) , you can load your own wav file into HSSE 3 , you can also layer different ones if you load it serveral times . you also have alot combinations of settings .

read the post over there on Steinberg Forum and look what he is saying also read the walkthrough .

DrumAddict wrote:i forgot to mention , look at this one made by the Guy behind HG Sounds ,
There's another http://hgsounds.com/?

Musical Gym wrote:There's another http://hgsounds.com/?
yes made by this guy for HSSE 3 .

Yes - i think the SE3 download should include at least one instrument, so that people think it's worth their time and disc space to try it out, and to see what it can do.
Downloading something that can't be heard might not get a lot of people excited about it.

I never use Sequel these days, but I managed to install the Halion Sonic content from that.

So i got Halion SE Basic content (185 patches) + Halion SE Artist content (350 patches) installed, 535 patches.

I paid €45 for Sequel 3 some time ago, but use it little, makes that purchase a lot better for me now that I can use some of it's content in my favourite DAW

With my content of Dark Planet (801 patches) + Hypnotic Dance (300 patches) + 535 brings my total up to 1636 in HALion Sonic SE3, making it a very decent rompler 8)

Numanoid wrote:I never use Sequel these days, but I managed to install the Halion Sonic content from that.

So i got Halion SE Basic content (185 patches) + Halion SE Artist content (350 patches) installed, 535 patches.

I paid €45 for Sequel 3 some time ago, but use it little, makes that purchase a lot better for me now that I can use some of it's content in my favourite DAW

With my content of Dark Planet (801 patches) + Hypnotic Dance (300 patches) + 535 brings my total up to 1636 in HALion Sonic SE3, making it a very decent rompler 8)
I feel like it is one of the better romplers in plugin form.

But you gotz to have content.

I guess a lot of users must have an old Cubase OEM disc lying around, it has arrived bundled with a lot of hardware purchases over the years.

Doing like me and installing just the HS SE Basic content, would provide 185 patches usable in Halion Sonic SE 3, a starting point for usage.

Good thing is that even the Basic content comes with a simple user interface, the filter being very responsive, so the sounds can be shaped and coloured quite a bit.

Does anybody knows/have tried out if this works with the Awakenings soundset from hgsounds (made for Halion 5.1) ?

DrumAddict wrote:i forgot to mention , look at this one made by the Guy behind HG Sounds ,

its basically an sample player (one sample only) , you can load your own wav file into HSSE 3 , you can also layer different ones if you load it serveral times . you also have alot combinations of settings .

read the post over there on Steinberg Forum and look what he is saying also read the walkthrough .
Funny,
You found my sampler v6.
Thanks for the comment.
Great to know it's out on the wild.
Sad that few people react on the topic, since that was what i was hoping for to finetune things.

Some other answers:
- no, i'm not from HGsounds, and even not a programmer. I made this for the lead singer of my band so that he can load a sample and distribute it back to me, and also so he can do his thing with it. We're old scool type of guys from the 80s/90s.
- that version 6 comes with presets. 35 presets i think, just for showcasing. If that wasn't the case please let me know, but i tested it, and it is a few megs in terms of memory so it should come with the presets.
- I'm working on the next version of it and that will come with a ton of presets, but that one is still undecided which way i will drop it on the net. Also some of the other engines are already made, with somewhat of the same interface.
- it was also a test if releasing something like it is allowed or not. Answer: it is allowed. Only thing is to avoid protected content from other developers, which is nothing more then normal.
- that player comes with a massive load of functionality and you can load a sample with drag and drop or the old scool way by pointing to the harddrive. That's the clue of it. It outperforms old hardware samplers in terms of memory and functionality. (and yes i have some of those too)
- use it in Halion se 3 and you can have up to 16 of them stacked, so really there are quite some possibilities:
e.g.:
- each drumsample or loop comes with 2 lfo's, stepmodulation, busses, filter, envelopes and so on, for each sample. That's a complete set if you would want it. Each function has it's bypass always visible so you can preprogram them and then use it at your will.
- it even has a flexphraser (stepsequencer with presets) for sample triggering. That is a SB function and quite a powerfull stepsequencer.

Feel free to try it. That's where it's for on the forum.

Yes it is still a bit silent on the subforum but things are starting up and probably will continue.
Thing is: Halion 6 is not the easiest on the planet in terms of programming when you start with it at first, but once you get the picture you will be smashed with what this thing is capable of. There will be no end on that for a considerable time to come, and H6 is... powerfull.
For me this version is a bit like a dream come true, since it's something that a non programmer can work with and even get a decent result. You just need to understand the basic structures and definitions.

last thing: as far as i am aware, there are no real bugs left. Be aware with the old scool type of screen handling though. It works like samplers in the past, so what you see is what you hear. Maybe younger musicians won't be used to that type of screenhandling, but that is due to the lac of scripting in it.

kind regards,
R.

and if someone wants to add a script or something else. Feel free and share a copy of it with me if possible. ;-)

holdebolder wrote:Some other answers:
- no, i'm not from HGsounds, and even not a programmer. I made this for the lead singer of my band so that he can load a sample and distribute it back to me, and also so he can do his thing with it. We're old scool type of guys from the 80s/90s.
maybe i got confused as you name your sound container "Homegrown" , which are the same name form the HG (Homegrown) Sounds .

that just means: made at home. It's not a company release.
Basically it's a file for testing or experementing.

Hmmm. There is a folder 'Additional Content' in the Mac installer.

For the record, it appears that there is no longer a download option for the software.

Return to “Instruments”