Question about PACE

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

PSP Audioware customers have had an email about their plugins being updated to the PACE copy protection system.

I don't know a thing about PACE. Will I be able to use the plugins on a pc that's not connected to the internet, or do I have to be online?

Thanks for helping me.

Mmmmmm you mean they move to iLok?

If that's the case, when using soft iLok you need to be connected to internet (at least time after time?) but if you have that dongle, you can use it offline. And carry it with you and use your plugins where ever you go. And lose all your licenses if you lose the dongle :hihi:

Versions of software available prior to this announcement will continue to use our in-house authorization system
Quoted from another thread, for some reason I didn't get the message, most likely I deleted it with the bulk of spam. Looks like you can continue using what you have, if you're not planning to update. This situation concerns me too, except I'm sure, I let no pace in, I'll rather drop PSP plugs I have.

Zombie Queen wrote:for some reason I didn't get the message
I got a message about the StompFilter update (version 1.1.0). It's PACE from now on...

If I buy a dongle, I can use it on a pc without being online, right? After copying the licenses to the dongle of course.

:o :o
Also missed that message
Looks like you can continue using what you have, if you're not planning to update. This situation concerns me too, except I'm sure, I let no pace in, I'll rather drop PSP plugs I have.
Same here.. there will be no pace on my system. PSP plugins will have to be replaced if they ever need an update...

manducator wrote:If I buy a dongle, I can use it on a pc without being online, right? After copying the licenses to the dongle of course.
Yep :)

Thank you everybody for their input!! :)

This is one of the advantages easily can be overseen. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'm also having an issue with Soft iLok (no dongle). I recently switched network cards, and if I remove the old card, none of my iLok protected plugins work anymore. I always get an error that there was a hardware change.

However, in iLok License Manager everything seems fine. I have tried several times to deactivate and then reactivate licenses, and according to License Manager it was always successful. But I still get the hardware change error when I try to use any iLok protected plugin.

The only thing that works for now is to keep the old network card connected, then all plugins work without any issues. I can't even disable the card in Windows, because then the error is back. So this card now seems to act like some kind of dongle for iLok.

Will this issue go away if I buy a dongle?

Reefius wrote:Will this issue go away if I buy a dongle?
Yep the dongle then becomes the thing iLok looks at as the hardware reference - well after you've moved the licenses across from the license manager anyway. Alternatively - Put in your old network card and deactivate all your licenses in one go in the license manager (you should be able to do that in a couple (or three) clicks - 1 to 'select all' and 2 to right-click/deactive), then put in your new network card and select all licenses and right-click/activate

Distorted Horizon wrote:If that's the case, when using soft iLok you need to be connected to internet (at least time after time?)
Nope, only online during activation (same with the dongle), after that, my iLok plugins always kept working on my always offline laptop.

mcbpete wrote:Alternatively - Put in your old network card and deactivate all your licenses in one go in the license manager (you should be able to do that in a couple (or three) clicks - 1 to 'select all' and 2 to right-click/deactive), then put in your new network card and select all licenses and right-click/activate
I've tried that multiple times already, doesn't work. It keeps checking for the old network card.

Doesn't sound like they were completely deactivated: Once a soft-ilok license is completely removed it shouldn't care what the previous hardware config is as it'll then be tied to you username/account rather than any kind of hardware setup

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”