Reverb Recommendation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like R4 a lot (the more I use it), I rate it above R2 and Pro R and most everything else in this thread that I've tried.
Neither is too far off, and Pro R certainly has the UI thing, but R4 still sounds better to me.
I plan to grab it before the Focusrite offer ends. I'll probably grab Pro R at some point, but
I can do that anytime.

My personal opinion is all....

-Cheers

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Have to agree with this. Both reverbs from Valhalla allow for a broad spectrum of verb uses. But if you get VRoom and VintageVerb, also look into that quirky ÜltraMod. I love all three.

You would have absolutely no regrets if you just got ValhallaVintageVerb and ValhallaRoom.
The multiple different Modes/Algos in those two cover a heap of options.

Here's another reverb comparison

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=483220&p=6763896#p6763896

And if you opt for a Valhalla verb, you'll also receive that sweet flanger SpaceModulator.

Much obliged, Mr Costello :tu:
Last edited by Fleer on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleer wrote:Don't forget that if you get a Valhalla verb, you'll also get two sweet free effects, FreqEcho and that sweet SpaceModulator flanger.
Thank you, Mr Costello :tu:
Isn't FreqEcho free for everyone? I mean, I have it, it's cool!

ghettosynth wrote:
Fleer wrote:Don't forget that if you get a Valhalla verb, you'll also get two sweet free effects, FreqEcho and that sweet SpaceModulator flanger.
Sure, you were fast as always, got me in the midst of editing my post ;)

Fleer wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Sure, you were fast as always, got me in the midst of editing my post ;)
Space modulator needs more sound examples. I hate flanged guitar with a passion. If there was anything that I grew tired of in the 80s it was that. I want to hear more "space."

totheatom wrote:Just upgraded to Replika XT as my go-to delay for the time being because it was a decent affordable option.
One suggestion I haven't seen yet in this thread - explore Replika XT's Diffusion mode - lots of useful reverby delays to be found there, especially with all the modulation/filter options.

pekbro wrote:I like R4 a lot (the more I use it), I rate it above R2 and Pro R and most everything else in this thread that I've tried.
Neither is too far off, and Pro R certainly has the UI thing, but R4 still sounds better to me.
I plan to grab it before the Focusrite offer ends. I'll probably grab Pro R at some point, but
I can do that anytime.

My personal opinion is all....

-Cheers
I should probably demo it, but, I've been doing a lot of reverb comparison the last few days and I'm realizing that my tastes in reverbs tend towards the transparent, which I don't feel that R2 is really. Verb 3 is still my favorite but I'm also really liking Ultrareverb as well.

I'm glad to have R2, it means that I don't need to buy more reverbs like that for the most part, but I'm not sure if R4 is worth the cash ATM.

Heh, yeah I know the feeling... I would love to be fine with R2,
and have been trying to ignore R4, but it is quite a lot better IMHO.

FWIW, MMultiBandConvolution is another that will get pretty damn close to LSSHP
with the free M7 IR library for 49 euros, 50% of that on sale. True stereo, tons of modulation etc...

Just sayin...

pekbro wrote:Heh, yeah I know the feeling... I would love to be fine with R2,
and have been trying to ignore R4, but it is quite a lot better IMHO.
Totally agree. Really loving the Hall 2 algorithm with density modulation.

Also quite like Seventh Heaven Pro. I may just have to add it to the arsenal!

not home yet :(

2 questions.

1. i also got the R2 now but how big is the difference to R4 if you dont use surround stuff?

2. is there a nice preset maybe or a preset to start with to get such an INTENSE atmosphere?

e.g. 2:15 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuza7mZRj4

thanks mates
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Beautiful atmosphere in that track, Caine - absolutely dripping with verbaliciousness.

I notice you are using FL Studio. Have you gotten into the stock 'Fruity Convolver'? Add Samplicity's free Bricasti IRs and you can get some wicked atmosphere happening at no extra cost.

Return to “Effects”