APC Key 25 - In need of simple script

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks. I'm brand new to this forum. I have taken a long break (3 years) from the world of computer music and controllers. A few year back I was using "boutique" controllers that all had software to modify what kind of message each element of the controller send (CC, MIDI#, etc), if a button was momentary or toggle, etc.

I have since sold all those controllers and just bought a APC Key 25. I'm quite disappointed with the fact that it doesn't come with such software mentioned above (even my Korg nanoControl comes with such software).

I have figured out how to "disengage" the default script that automatically maps the grid buttons to clips, knobs to volumes (and such, etc). I simply don't select the APC Key 25 from the Control Surface dropdown menu in Live's preferences. Instead I just turn on the applicable "track" and "remote" for controller in the MIDI Ports area.

Here's my "issue" ... doing the above, I can map (seemingly) all the buttons and knobs to various controls in LIVE via its MIDI Learn function, but, when I use buttons to toggle on an element in LIVE, while the corresponding APC Key 25 button lights up when the LIVE element is toggled on, when I toggle it off the light on the APC Key 25 button stays lite up ... given me no "feedback" as to what is on and what is off.

I am a front-end web dev with some javascript experience and I am just finishing up a Java (OOP) class. IS there anyone that can help me with how I migth go about getting the controller lights to toggle on/off in conjunction with the LIVE element they are mapped to and if possible, also to choose if a a APC button is momentary or toggle?

Thanks!
Duane

This is the Bitwig forum, not Live ;)

Netsu wrote:This is the Bitwig forum, not Live ;)
Doh! Arrived here on a Google search, so I'll blame Google :) kidding.

Sorry for the trouble!

Return to “Controller Scripting”