Need some newbie advice with DAWs?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a FUNNY community around here ... Can't have thin skin these days ... I'm glad you found RENOISE !! There are alot of users over at the RENOISE forums ... Alot of tutorials , samples , instruments , sharing ... Have fun ! And your welcome here at KVR too .... Glad CTStump recommended it !

The whole point of using a DAW is to create and produce Music and should be remembered first and foremost. Argumenting over how to get there and what to use is irrelevant...except for here at KVR and other DAW forums.

Whatever tool suits you is the tool until you outgrow it and choose to move up or move on. It helps to get a different perspective to make a decision so this place(KVR) is a great sounding board for suggestions even though it might seem adversarial posting here for the first time. Don't let that keep you from posting anything else here later.

Good luck with what works for ya. :tu:

... it might seem adversarial ...
Understatement of the year. :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:
... it might seem adversarial ...
Understatement of the year. :hihi:
yeah...

fedexnman wrote:It's a FUNNY community around here ... Can't have thin skin these days ...

This thread is FUNNY. It's just a numbers thing really. In general, when a user's first post is a new thread asking a loaded question, it's more often than not going to be either insincere or a waste of time.

I usually don't even bother to reply and generally regret when I do. Sometimes I even put posters like that on my foe list for a few months. That way if I start seeing them show up in posts I can tell if they are becoming a part of the community. If they don't, I never notice.

I don't think that it's anyone's responsibility here to be tech support for newbies. Go do your own research, come back when you have something to say. Read a bunch of threads, contribute interesting information, then when you do ask a question, it won't be looked on with so much suspicion.

In any case, this thread seems to have run its course, yay!

ftr there was a report asking to move this to the getting started forum, I cant speak for the other mods but I didn't because I didn't want to scare other possible newcomers off. At least now I can lock it
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”