Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Yes, that's correct. The 1.0.2 release is NOT out yet. (Correction now it is!)

I'm sorry to everyone for causing some confusion, and yes it was my fault.
I still need to build all the releases and test a little bit today.

It will be available tonight Sunday 4/23/17 in the evening. I'm on the East Coast USA.

In the future I will not make the announcement until the release is actually available,
and this will make it simpler for all of us.

Thanks for all your suggestions on the licensing.
Don't worry I will pick a solution that is easy and allows everyone
to get the software when they need it.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:tu:
FathomSynth wrote:In the future I will not make the announcement until the release is actually available, and this will make it simpler for all of us.
The announcements, yes, you can! And it is even greatly recommended. Because it is obvious that everybody is happy to discover what it currently simmering in the saucepan on the fire...
:D
... but always recalling high and loud that the dish is still on the fire and that the diner's guests will have to wait still a bit before relishing because the cook is not yet ready.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Sorry... I like that kind of comparisons)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

FathomSynth wrote:Yes, that's correct. The release is NOT out yet.

I'm sorry to everyone for causing some confusion, and yes it was my fault.
I still need to build all the releases and test a little bit today.

It will be available tonight Sunday 4/23/17 in the evening. I'm on the East Coast USA.

In the future I will not make the announcement until the release is actually available,
and this will make it simpler for all of us.

Thanks for all your suggestions on the licensing.
Don't worry I will pick a solution that is easy and allows everyone
to get the software when they need it.
Thank you for the effort! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The latest free mono version is not showing up in the vsti plugin list of Reaper 5 (under win10). Tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Anyone else have it working in Reaper?

It shows up as "Synthesizer" in the list- something Everett is going to fix in an update. BTW, how long will the discount for KVR users last? I still only have the mono for now.

Version 1.0.2 is now available on the web site.

The Wave Table Morph release will be next week.

That's correct, I will fix that for the next release so it shows up as "Fathom" in all hosts.

The price will stay $11.00 for KVR members through out all of May.
It might go up slightly to between $12.00 and $15.00 after several important features
are complete such as wave table morph, modulation of modulators, etc,
but only after all user issues are resolved.

Then after that the price will take another significant jump until:
1) The full audio path is SIMD and it has over 128 polyphony under full load.
2) Huge features like sampler, arpeggiator and wave point modulation are in place.
3) I finish some internal algorithms for absolutely crushing thick virtual analog sound.

The KVR price will most likely always be about half the full price,
and I am personally against VST's ever costing more than $100.00.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FathomSynth wrote:Version 1.0.2 is now available on the web site.
Hem... Yes... but one more time... How do we download it when we have already purchased?
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Good to hear, good attitude to take to your current and future customers.

Must say though, still need a password to access the members area

Yes, the company website KVR member area will always require a password.

If you have already purchased the pro version, go to the company web site,
at the bottom click "members",
enter the password,
go down to "Software Version Update",
click on either the 64 Bit or 32 Bit buttons.
The downloaded zip file will contain only the version 1.0.2 VST DLL.
Use your Program and Waveform folders from before.

shonky wrote:Must say though, still need a password to access the members area
As I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?p=6765781#p6765781

Nota: It is extremely important to never reveal a password directly in a forum. Only the owner of a password (who is always the seller, never the customer, because it remains the property of the seller) has the responsibility to share or not share a password. That's why I preferred to show you WHERE you can currently find it in the KVR product page (an in my opinion, even that solution chosen by our friend developer is risky) instead of reveling the password by OURSELVES (and even by himself) in this forum. Because if one day the owner of the password (so, the seller) wants to remove definitively the public visibility of that password, he can on the KVR product page... but he can't in posts made by forumers in the forums, except by asking an administrator to destroy totally the thread.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

FathomSynth wrote:Yes, the company website KVR member area will always require a password.

If you have already purchased the pro version, go to the company web site,
at the bottom click "members",
enter the password,
go down to "Software Version Update",
click on either the 64 Bit or 32 Bit buttons.
The downloaded zip file will contain only the version 1.0.2 VST DLL.
Use your Program and Waveform folders from before.
GREAT !

The update now works very well !

For the 32-bit edition as well as for the 64-bit edition!

Thanks a lot... hem... what's you forename, yet ?
:oops:

Jacques
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackWinny: I like your two ideas for software releases. I will probably use both.
I changed the purchase email to contain a permanent passcode for each user
to unzip future versions of the plugin that may contain more significant features,
per your idea (thanks).

This is really more for outside users as everyone here has been quick to buy it.

Totolitoto: Yes I'm working on wave morph now and will probably release it next weekend.

Yes it will morph single cycles waveforms (real morph) not just overall oscillators.

It will be different than most wave table algorithms in the sense that there will be two 16 frame
tables on either side of the interface each with its own modulated morph dial.
Then you will be able to morph between the two tables,
essentially allowing you to morph between morphs,
in two dimensions, using a modulating delta or a number of math functions.

It may also have skip cycle morphing.

It will also have the ability to use the envelope of the second table to control
the amount of distortion applied to the oscillator waveform generated by the first table.

I can't imagine what this will sound like but it should be pretty thick.

FathomSynth wrote:Then you will be able to morph between the two tables,
essentially allowing you to morph between morphs, in two dimensions, using a modulating delta or a number of math functions.
I imagine here a very good occasion to make many experiments with... an X/Y joystick!
:love:

twal wrote:It shows up as "Synthesizer" in the list- something Everett is going to fix in an update. BTW, how long will the discount for KVR users last? I still only have the mono for now.
I'm not seeing a "Synthesizer" in Reaper either.

In Mulab 7 it is perfectly seen as instrument.
:tu:

And it loads perfectly well in memory in any rack. The sounds are absolutely awesome...
:love:

Return to “Instruments”