VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lindell Audio 254E Lindell Audio 354E

The 354 is pretty nice. But yah, thinking of a future sale as well
"Probably".

-cheers

Aren't they doing a deal for 254E owners? Usually it's part of their plan... sale on existing plugin, next minute: new shiny version upgrade!

MogwaiBoy wrote:Aren't they doing a deal for 254E owners? Usually it's part of their plan... sale on existing plugin, next minute: new shiny version upgrade!
Yes they are, but, it's not cheap enough for me. I don't really need it TBH, I have several really excellent multiband dynamics tools and the 254E. It needs to be on a much better sale for me.

TBH, I might never get it if they plan to adjust their sales techniques. With one exception, all of my purchases from them have been with substantial discounts through coupons and bundle discounts.

79 bucks isn't cheap enough for a mutiband comp/limiter?

Sorry, you lost me there. (edited, my famous leaving out a word and being confusing :oops: )

The PA upgrade policy is kind of odd sometimes. I collected the full contents of the Lindell channel strip, they still want $30 for the rack.

Not gonna happen...

Heathens!

incubus wrote:79 bucks isn't cheap enough for a mutiband comp/limiter?

Sorry, you lost me there. (edited, my famous leaving out a word and being confusing :oops: )
Not for the features that it has, no. I have several already and I have the 254. I can knock up a similar crossover in Reaktor in very short order and drive three busses in Reaper with a 254 on each if I want that particular sound that badly. Then I could use any limiter/compressor that I wanted to use on each bus.

Plugins are $20 or less for the most part for me. For each doubling over that it really has to add something that is truly unique or significant.

Heh, I would pay if it actually did something other than stick them together. IIRC it doesn't. That seems a bit steep, granted I didn't pay full price.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll arrive at price point that works for everyone sooner or later. I like collecting complete sets. No doubt I will bite one day. :dog:

-cheers

pekbro wrote:Heh, I would pay if it actually did something other than stick them together. IIRC it doesn't. That seems a bit steep, granted I didn't pay full price.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll arrive at price point that works for everyone sooner or later. I like collecting complete sets. No doubt I will bite one day. :dog:

-cheers
I suppose, it's not a big deal for me really. I only buy stuff when I really really want it, or it's really really cheap. I'm just no in either place with the 354. I passed on the Lindell Pultec as well, I just didn't like it.

Well there are faster attack rates, a Niveu filter which works like the API Thrust, and a Nuke mode for more aggression. As well as indendant mid-side for each band.

So it's more than just 3 254E with a crossover. The convenience is certainly worth value too.

$80 is not bad for a $200 plugin. I had a voucher which made it around $44 for me so that was a bit of a no-brainer.

@ghettosynth

Ha ha, actually that was a comment @incubus regarding the channel strip, interestingly the response works equally well for both situations.

-cheers

simon.a.billington wrote:Well there are faster attack rates, a Niveu filter which works like the API Thrust, and a Nuke mode for more aggression. As well as indendant mid-side for each band.

So it's more than just 3 254E with a crossover. The convenience is certainly worth value too.

$80 is not bad for a $200 plugin. I had a voucher which made it around $44 for me so that was a bit of a no-brainer.
That's right, I watched the video. Still waiting on a sale. Like I said, I don't need it right now and I don't find it to be cool enough that I have to have it right now. I'm seriously kind of waiting to see what PA's doing with their future sales.

You can argue with yourself that it's not a "must have", and you'd be right. Especially if you have another multiband lying around.

It is indeed desirable, though, and tends to sound unlike other multibands.

If you can afford to wait for a better sale then I'd do that too. That's what I have done with the BlackBox HG-2.

simon.a.billington wrote:You can argue with yourself that it's not a "must have", and you'd be right. Especially if you have another multiband lying around.

It is indeed desirable, though, and tends to sound unlike other multibands.

If you can afford to wait for a better sale then I'd do that too. That's what I have done with the BlackBox HG-2.
I have good transparent multiband tools that I really like and use quite often. The idea of a character compressor multiband is something a little bit new, but not that new really. I mean the Ozone/Neutron vintage compressors are just that. The thing is though, what I mostly took away from the video was inspiration to setup compressors that I already have in multiband configurations which will probably also sound unlike other multibands.

It's cool enough to buy for the convenience on a great sale. I don't think that I've ever in my life spent $80 on a compressor and I have at least 30 not including those that came with my DAWs.

Yeah I pretty much agree there. I often find similar inspirations which is why I have a slightly complex template configuration in my DAW - to allow for easier setup and sonic exploration.

It's still in development though. Although, I think almost everyone has a template "still in development". It's probably one of those elusive things that people keep chasing.

Return to “Effects”