Stacking several softsynths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i clearly got carried away with my live setup, tons of fun tho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ar_3nGx2w

BlackWinny wrote:
DrewDale wrote:I use Mercury.
Multi timbral so I can stack up to 4 sounds in one vst and on one channel.
This synth was a gem at its time (between 2001 and 2004).
:tu:
It's too bad that I sold mine...
You've at least picked up something to replace it, right?

d16's lush is damn good for beefy stacks, just sayin.

Your DAW's internal *rack* or stack utility if available.

Your DAW's group handling e.g. being able to move around things as one unit with the general group header. I think Studio One and Bitwig do that, and some others probably too. Inside that group you simply duplicate the MIDI to different synths.

Some instruments are good on their own. Anything multitimbral that receives MIDI on the same channel. Halion Sonic is quite fun to do these big layer sounds with. The new rapid synth maybe too, but in my time with the demo I didn't tried to explore how to load and copy things between layers.

http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php <- this is nice.. Bit pricy though.

Armagibbon wrote:P&M makes one of those too? How well does it host plugs that aren't theirs?
This thread inspired me to make a discovery about Chainer, because I have a DAW that doesn't have any convenient stacking ability.

To answer your first question, Chainer comes as a free version that will only load as an effect (VST) and chain only P&M effects. Pay for the $49 version and you get two plugins. One is a VST that will now load any VSTs and the other will load as a VSTi that will load and stack VSTIs and VSTs. Just load it up and start dropping your synths in. You can do a little mixing, panning, and FX as well. My discovery was I had the VSTI version all along and had forgotten about it! Anyway, it works a treat.

Return to “Instruments”