Allomerus - An Unexpected Temporal Journey (Completely new music - Part 2)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,
This is a second track with unexpected musical journeys...
Thanks for listens and comments.

An Unexpected Temporal Journey

John Wegner: Guitar, Synths, Bass
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIPoHMtSf8
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Since it is not exactly my kind of music, it's difficult to give some feedback... :ud:
But the video is nice to watch with all these pictures from old eletric/electronic synths :)

Nice job with the opening 2 minutes on here. Synth/guitar driven rock with some classic sounds à la Wakeman/Emerson. I couldn't make my mind up whether the instrument that appeared towards the end of the creepy second section was a synth or a guitar. Probably a guitar. That third section reminded me of a late-night jazz lounge I occasionally visited in Kowloon many years ago. I really enjoyed the Floyd-esque closing section. This was definitely a varied and enjoyable journey.

Good work :)

some great sights and sounds going on here, loved the vintage synth montage and the bubbly bit at 6:00 - end.
varied and entertaining journey throughout indeed. good job guys! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

That was interesting and fun to listen to. I was around when the prog rock bands flourished for a time. I appreaciated their musicianship but I didn't much care for most of the music. I think you captured some of their spirit without the excesses like pretentious noodling and complexity for the sake of complexity(see how accomplished, busy and brilliant we are!).

Good job!

Just echoing most of the comments here. An enjoyable 10 minutes. Good production, too, I think - well balanced, could hear everything. :tu:

Just echoing what the others have said, enjoyable music with a well produced video to boot.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

shodri wrote:Since it is not exactly my kind of music, it's difficult to give some feedback... :ud:
But the video is nice to watch with all these pictures from old eletric/electronic synths :)
Thanks Shodri! Glad you found something to enjoy... Thanks for listening/watching and taking the time to comment!
Cheers,
John
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:Nice job with the opening 2 minutes on here. Synth/guitar driven rock with some classic sounds à la Wakeman/Emerson. I couldn't make my mind up whether the instrument that appeared towards the end of the creepy second section was a synth or a guitar. Probably a guitar. That third section reminded me of a late-night jazz lounge I occasionally visited in Kowloon many years ago. I really enjoyed the Floyd-esque closing section. This was definitely a varied and enjoyable journey.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim!
Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comment.
Wasn't trying to sound like Wakeman/Emerson but glad it evolved to sound like that.
The instrument is a synth. Although I agree it sounds like guitar! It's from Retrosyn in Logic:
http://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/totally-retro
The patch is called Bright Lead Synth and is based on a Wave Table emulation.
The Floyed-esque closing started of as something Tangerine Dream might do in my head, but morphed into something else...
:)
Bandcamp

layzer wrote:some great sights and sounds going on here, loved the vintage synth montage and the bubbly bit at 6:00 - end.
varied and entertaining journey throughout indeed. good job guys! :clap:
Thanks Layzer.
Glad you enjoyed it, and our first venture into bubbly bits! I did spend quite a bit of time on that...
Bandcamp

fastlanephil wrote:That was interesting and fun to listen to. I was around when the prog rock bands flourished for a time. I appreaciated their musicianship but I didn't much care for most of the music. I think you captured some of their spirit without the excesses like pretentious noodling and complexity for the sake of complexity(see how accomplished, busy and brilliant we are!).

Good job!
Thanks Phil,
I know what you mean about showing off rather than playing for the song. I do love a lot of prog but get bored with endless fast bits and tempo changes for the sake of it. Glad you enjoyed it for the music, that means a lot! :)

Thank doesn't mean I don't get the urge to "show off"... ;)
Bandcamp

Googly Smythe wrote:Just echoing most of the comments here. An enjoyable 10 minutes. Good production, too, I think - well balanced, could hear everything. :tu:
Thanks Googly! I see reading one of your other comments that you have also read Moorcock. My favourite is "The End of All Songs".
All the best...
Bandcamp

biodiode wrote:Just echoing what the others have said, enjoyable music with a well produced video to boot.
Thanks biodiode!
Thanks biodiode!
Thanks biodiode!

Thanks biodiode!

Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote:Hello Everyone,
This is a second track with unexpected musical journeys...
Thanks for listens and comments.

An Unexpected Temporal Journey

John Wegner: Guitar, Synths, Bass
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIPoHMtSf8
Crazy! Like it...Feels like s temporal anamolie that took me back into the 60ies (not that I'm that old, but I saw some footage about Prog Rock...)

Thanks FrequenzBauZentrum!

I think there is a porthole nearby if you want to check it out... Glad you enjoyed it! :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”