Hello. New user/developer here with a free exclusive offering (Swede-ish Dime Out.vst)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, fellow KVR-users.
I am an amateur plugin developer and will shortly start to publish some freeware for you to enjoy.
As it stands at the moment I can only develop in 32-bit for windows but that might change with time and resources.
As a taster I´ve developed a small distortion stomp-pedal plugin (currently a Beta-version) that has never been done in freeware before (as far as I know). It is not a clone and I do NOT claim that it is a replica but an approximation based on the originals build-information I have managed to find online. Here´s some more info:

Swede-Ish Dime Out:

Installation:
Copy the .dll file and paste it in your DAW:s vst-folder.

Instructions:
This distortion-effect (beta version) is a personal approximation of a famous distortion pedal setting
which is solely responsible for the sound of the -90:s swedish death-metal scene.
There is no tweakability to this effect, other than the ability to turn it off or on
(the check-light is a switch). This is because the "dimed-out" sound WAS the sound. Period.
A severely down-tuned guitar (C or B) is also obligatory to get the proper sound.

The effect does not really sound great in isolation, as it is designed to be used together with a
virtual amplifier (such as the free JCM900 by Simulanalog or Hybrit by Poulin).
Put this effect before the amp in the effects-order and use the clean channel on the amp (however,
try adding some gain in the amp as it might just sound greater, according to taste).

Bear in mind that this is an approximation of the sound, and is not pretending to be a clone of anything.
However, for me personally, I use this effect on every rythm-guitar track in my death-metal recordings
as I think it sounds heavy as hell!

Enjoy!!

Frankenline Productions 2017

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7iUC ... WVEQ0s3S28

Tak

Cool! Always glad about people that still care about the good old HM-2 sound. Really curious, how this one will compare to Kazrog's emulation.

Frankenline prod wrote: As it stands at the moment I can only develop in 32-bit for windows but that might change with time and resources.
When SynthEdit / SynthMaker / Flowstone go 64 bit ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hehe... or when I learn how to properly program C++.
However... I will work on it for a while and see what I end up with. I still think it needs some fine-adjustments and such.

proper c++ has nowt to do with it

proper c++ doesn't replace the errors and omissions that allow a person without cronies to install the vst sdk.

look at me, i've been trying the bugger for over a decade now, last try a month or two ago, there are omissions in the example files so you can't even compile the examples unless you have a friend or spend months trying to sort through their abusive mess.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

^ Loosely translated, xoxos would like to welcome you to KVR AUDIO. He is also a developer. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:)

Cubase 9 support?

Not sure about that. Its a 32-bit plugin only, but if Cubase 9 can run 32-bit (or via a bridge) then I guess it should work. If not, please let me know. Also, I would appreciate any feedback from users so i would know where to start making finetunings/optimizations to the thing. :wink:

Frankenline prod wrote:Not sure about that. Its a 32-bit plugin only, but if Cubase 9 can run 32-bit (or via a bridge) then I guess it should work. If not, please let me know. Also, I would appreciate any feedback from users so i would know where to start making finetunings/optimizations to the thing. :wink:
Cubase 9 can't run 32bit plugs.
Can you provide a bit bridge?

krandr wrote: Cubase 9 can't run 32bit plugs.
...? There are bridge plugins on the market already. jBridge is the most well known.

Anyway, to the dev, thank you for this freebie! I don't have access to a guitar or bass or anything for the next couple months :( but perhaps I can try it on synth sounds as an experiment.

nineofkings wrote:
krandr wrote: Cubase 9 can't run 32bit plugs.
...? There are bridge plugins on the market already. jBridge is the most well known.

Anyway, to the dev, thank you for this freebie! I don't have access to a guitar or bass or anything for the next couple months :( but perhaps I can try it on synth sounds as an experiment.
Sorry, can't find any free bit bridge on the market.
Can you share a link for a free one?
Thanks!

jbridge is 14,99 EUR. A great investment imho.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Update:
Hi again. I have just recently started to look into the thing after having tried out a Behringer pedal which is supposed to be a clone of the real deal. I´ve found that I may have been way to generous with the distortion here. This is not altogether a bad thing (for just any random pedal if it sounds good) but its not really what I was aiming for. So, I´ve made some adjustments last night which makes it sound WAY more authentic and now with all Controls tweakable. I have also decided to change the GUI and name of the plugin.
Stay tuned for more updates. :D

Return to “Effects”