Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

ZaBong69 wrote: I consider Avenger to be the most interesting new synth since Serum's release, and I have deep respect for the VPS guys DSP programming skills (those OSCs are amazingly clean!), but the GUI seems to be a killjoy for now.
Same for me. I sold Serum and bought Avenger instead, but the GUI still is causing problems / eating up resources on my computer... I guess it's very difficult to test it on various systems?
Difficult to type this on my macbook pro while the keys are hot as hell due to graphics card getting hot due to Avenger......

kelvyn wrote:Maybe a little off topic... Why are the expansions so bloody expensive?
Manuel explained this earlier in this thread. I tried to buy 2 expansions during the current sale, but I can't because of their convoluted payment company. I will have to wait for Pluginboutique to have these available on sale.

ZaBong69 wrote:
SLiC wrote: Normal practice is to bounce and then turn off the plug (I think most DAWS have off/on for plug ins) to save the CPU. Avenger doesn't use any CPU for me when I turn it off in my DAW, takes less than a second to do!
Hi,

I forgot to mention this, but it is significant: the 30% CPU use stays on even if the plugin is turned off completely! This is under Bitwig 2.0, so it may be a problem coming from the host not actually turning off all sub-processes of a plugin, instead of Avenger just ignoring the off switch. Maybe Avenger keeps the GUI processes running to keep latency down, as On-Off-switches can be automated?

BTW., that 30% is independent from how many instances of Avenger I run.

I have to admit that I have a somewhat special system (i7 Dell Precision Workstation with a professional graphics card from AMD), but for the live of me I can not understand how a synth GUI can eat almost as much GPU/CPU resources than a 3D game such as Tomb Raider on a 1.4 TFLOPS graphics card. That I enjoy this plugin hammering my processors even when it is completely turned off is just the icing on the cake.

I consider Avenger to be the most interesting new synth since Serum's release, and I have deep respect for the VPS guys DSP programming skills (those OSCs are amazingly clean!), but the GUI seems to be a killjoy for now.

K
Interesting- I am also on BW2(.1) and don't have this issue, when its off there is nothing, when no notes playing <1% CPU - I only have <30% CPU use if the synth is running/playing complex patches so something isn't right!! I am on Win 64 SSD i7 4Ghs Radeon 980
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Do you plan to add more types of comb filters to Avenger? Since the existing one sounds very "soft" unlike the comb filters of Massive, Serum and Spire.

Or in any case, make the current comb filter with more character. regards.

C-quence wrote:I sold Serum
It would be funny now to request Serum's advanced wavetable editing & importing capabilities in Avenger

Guys what GPU would you recommend for running VPS Avenger, spec wise? have around £100/£200 budget

Current system is AMD 8350 8 core 4ghz /16gb RAM /Win7 ultimate 64bit

David82 wrote:Guys what GPU would you recommend for running VPS Avenger, spec wise? have around £100/£200 budget

It should be enough. I have Win 10 with 16Gb Ram and pentium I-7 and it's working great.

SLiC wrote: Interesting- I am also on BW2(.1) and don't have this issue, when its off there is nothing, when no notes playing <1% CPU - I only have <30% CPU use if the synth is running/playing complex patches so something isn't right!! I am on Win 64 SSD i7 4Ghs Radeon 980
Got a new laptop, now with an Nvidea P3000: No problems at all any more. 6 patches playing chord arps at the same time, 20-40 OSCs each plus delay and reverb, CPU meter sits below 15%! There is now no activity on the GPU or CPU when the plugin is stopped, the GUI itself has no effect on the meter any more.

I could not be happier, but only because, by pure chance, my new laptop is a (a) Porsche with a screen and (b) really likes Avenger. That the choice of graphic card has such an incredible and unpredictable impact on the performance of a synth is still puzzling to me.

Best,

K

Ryan99 wrote:
David82 wrote:Guys what GPU would you recommend for running VPS Avenger, spec wise? have around £100/£200 budget

It should be enough. I have Win 10 with 16Gb Ram and pentium I-7 and it's working great.
Any ideas why I'm getting a grey screen when loading Avenger?

I thought it might be enough but I was under the impression it wasn't working due to not having a GPU

I have Avenger and Avenger X64 visible in my instruments but when I load the Avenger I get empty black box, when I load Avenger x64 I get a grey screen in Cubase 9

Really frustrating I bought it over a week ago and haven't even managed to load the thing up once, don't have this issue with any other instrument or plugin

David82 wrote:
Ryan99 wrote:

Any ideas why I'm getting a grey screen when loading Avenger?

I thought it might be enough but I was under the impression it wasn't working due to not having a GPU

I have Avenger and Avenger X64 visible in my instruments but when I load the Avenger I get empty black box, when I load Avenger x64 I get a grey screen in Cubase 9

Really frustrating I bought it over a week ago and haven't even managed to load the thing up once, don't have this issue with any other instrument or plugin
I had a similar problem at first. It probably is related to registering your licence inside Avenger. In my case, I had to download an earlier version of Avenger, then I could update directly from the plugin.

So, I ended up getting Avenger and both the EDM & BigTone expansion packs. Got it up and running great in Live, registered and unlocked with key file and imported the factory content with no problem.

However, I can't figure out how to import both the expansion packs. I have them downloaded and unzipped but can't seem to find an import option from within the GUI. Can anyone recommend an easy way to do this?

I am not sure anymore but i think i just dropped the unzipped expansion pack file onto the Content area in Avenger.
Rob van Hees

check vengeance you tube channel

i believe there is a video for that

just drag and drop the file into the GUI

from your external browser or Avengers internat filebrowser

@ msv

Not sure if you read this forum more often than the Veangeance forum I ask this question here too.

Is there a way to import several shapes or a whole folder of shapes (waves) all at once?
If not, would you consider this?
An external utility that could batch-convert waves to Avenger shapes would be usefull too.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Return to “Instruments”