Nomad Factory - one of the underrated greats

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dmbaer
keep the gain staging in check and there's potential to get a warm and wonderful sound.
exactly agree with you

funkylime
Magnetic, for instance, has this squashed-tape sound that is magical on drums, and is a sound that I can't seem to get with more recent tape sims that are far more "accurate" and realistic.
That's it. An outstanding preset is just the sort of thing you can find, and there's no explanation for it.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I love magnetic too, fattens up any limp wristed synth sound
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Harry_HH wrote:I used in one of my latest projects Nomad's two plugins, the BT Analog TrackBox...
I gotta say.. I was shocked how sub par this plugin is. The eq is ghastly, the saturation is pretty horrid, the gate virtually useless.. I feel bad saying this stuff in a way but I've never been impressed by any Nomad product I've tried.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I've used Nomad plugs a few years. ECHOES isn't a bad delay/echo plug-in, Magnetic is ok, the entire BT line I'd really never reach for as they don't sound good, but the Pulse-Tech EQ is probably the best thing they ever made. More transparent than a Waves PuigTec.

I've used Nomad stuff a lot in the past but nowadays I find them to be harsh sounding and poorly coded. I've moved on some time ago and never looked back.

Putting my 2 cents in for Nomad; I use Echoes and Magnetic often.

nomad IMO suffers from their own misleading marketing. a glaring example of this that i keep bringing up is COSMOS - it says it's an exciter, but it doesn't actually "excite" - its exciters are just EQ curves. same for ECHOES - its "models" are just different EQ curves. nothing wrong with EQ curves, mind you, it's the misleading marketing that i find dubious. try any of their plugins with analyzers, it's very revealing.

for me, i keep using BT Tempo Delay and Oilcan Echo as it's a quick and simple to dial in a sound if i want a simple delay with no bells and whistles. i have the BT Analog Driver as it's useful for when i need for something to sound like shit. i like the Liquid Mod II as it has a very particular sound to it that i can't replicate with other mod plugins. Bus Driver didn't impress me much, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it aliases like crazy. Magnetic was nice too, and so was the Pulse-Tec (sold because i'm now using the free PTeq-X by Ignite Amps). i have no interest in "Garbage LSD" but i haven't tried the new channel strip yet.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

do_androids_dream wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:I used in one of my latest projects Nomad's two plugins, the BT Analog TrackBox...
I gotta say.. I was shocked how sub par this plugin is. The eq is ghastly, the saturation is pretty horrid, the gate virtually useless.. I feel bad saying this stuff in a way but I've never been impressed by any Nomad product I've tried.
The sc-226 is perhaps a slight improvement, though neither will make it into my current reinstallation. Nor, I'm pretty sure will Bus Driver.

I still love their pulse-teq, but will definitely test it against the Ignite plug.

Lastly, the AS State Eq. Like that also, but will do some comparisons, soon, to determine if it makes the grade (This will be my 'leanest' install, yet).

Got all my NF plugs at low prices, or free, and am certainly not complaining. However, I did always think that if they sounded as good as they looked they would be unbeatable :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Lastly, the AS State Eq. Like that also, but will do some comparisons, soon, to determine if it makes the grade (This will be my 'leanest' install, yet).
That is a good one actually. I was able to match the sound very closely with Waves Ren eq but it is nice for sure. I like the fact it has a clipper on the output too - just because I like clippers..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Bus driver is pretty sweet

I got a few of their plugins. What I like about them is they don't get caught up in doing really accurate emulations, like so, so, so many other developers.

Instead they took a different path with taking the best of the old technology and combing it with new ideas. All for a great price point too, usually.

However they go about it the stuff works, for the most part. It's just a pity the development slowed down over the last few years because of Bernie's struggle with cancer.

At least they seem to be getting back into the swing of things.

Return to “Effects”