Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Just picked this up. Many thanks again for the 32 bit version and ultra-accessible pricing. Will check this out over the coming days.

Gotta say by the way, I'm hugely impressed with the communication from your end. While I don't expect such sustained intensity as development goes on, even half the amount of community engagement would put most commercial devs to shame. The only dev I can think of who comes close is Steve Duda at Xfer (of Serum fame).

Cheers!

Thanks much. There is still a long way to go, but all the practical feedback from people here
in real world studios situations will help make the original concept into a real professional tool.

How many arpeggiators will there eventually be and for what types of data?
velocity, length, multiple waveforms, octaves, layers, retrig, xy pos, pitch?

I clicked the link in my purchase email but it no longer appears to work.

shonky wrote:Went to members section and it asks for password, checked original receipts and there's no mention of any password on there.

How do I access the update?
My question as well.. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Check the OP.

Got it! Thanks to ariston (and shonky who pm'ed me). :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

WoodMan wrote:The latest free mono version is not showing up in the vsti plugin list of Reaper 5 (under win10). Tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Anyone else have it working in Reaper?

It's named "Synthesizer (Seaweed Audio)"

There doesn't appear to be a way to use velocity as a mod source at the moment. Is that correct?
Likewise, pitch bend not yet available?
Edit: I can assign pitch wheel from the midi controllers list to the 'pitch note' control on an osc but the result has very obvious stepping. i.e not at all smooth.
Last edited by kingtubby on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

zxant wrote:
WoodMan wrote:The latest free mono version is not showing up in the vsti plugin list of Reaper 5 (under win10). Tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Anyone else have it working in Reaper?

It is not showing up as "Synthesizer (Seaweed Audio)" in Reaper 5 either (also tried Version 1.02 of Fathom).

I tried the 32 bit version in EnergyXT, and while it shows up here (as Fathom), I get a 'Failed to open FathomMono32' message and then EnergyXT crashes.

WoodMan wrote:
zxant wrote:

It is not showing up as "Synthesizer (Seaweed Audio)" in Reaper 5 either (also tried Version 1.02 of Fathom).

I tried the 32 bit version in EnergyXT, and while it shows up here (as Fathom), I get a 'Failed to open FathomMono32' message and then EnergyXT crashes.
Here (Windows 7, 32-bit) in Reaper both 'Fathoms' (Mono & Pro) are in the list as "VSTi: Synthesizer (Seaweed Audio)"

Did you check 'reaper-vstplugins.ini' to see if it was scanned properly?

WoodMan wrote:
zxant wrote:

In Mulab 7 it shows also as "Fathom", and among the instruments (the perfect place, not among the effects). And no issue at all for the moment when using it (but I must confess that I'm not a good beta-tester, using not a lot the most huge modulation features but much more the most beautiful sounds... and morphs on sounds).
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Just want to thank everyone for their patience, I will make sure all these quirks are resolved. So in more detial…

In Fathom an Arpeggiator will be an audio object, not a gobal thing,
which means that you will be able to attach an Arpeggiator to as many
oscillators as you want, and not to others. And you will be able
to use as many different Arpeggiators in the same signal flow as you want
all of them potentially doing different things.

Each will operate on any note characteristic, and all of the above in your list,
and you will also be able to connect to them as modulators also.

MG: If you are still having trouble with the purchase link, let me know and I will buy it myself and verify.

Murnau: The versino 1.0.2 update is on the members page, password, kvrpro

Zxant: I will change the internal VST name to “Fathom” for the next release, so no one else has to use a synth called “Synthesizer”.

KT: For the next release I will adding Velocity as a modulator, and also Velocity sensitivity to all oscillators.

Many ppl have pointed out the granularity problem of the midi control signals as modulators, so I will be adding assignable host parameters, but that will take some work and will go into the release after next, probably 5/6/17.

WM: If you still have problems with Reaper I will get Reaper myself and test it. I’ve always heard this is the best “Engineers” DAW and I should be testing with it anyway.

32 Bit Users: I just realized right now that I have an old 32 bit machine in the basement. When I get a chance I will resurect it so I can test the 32 bit build. Doh!!!

This looks very interesting, but the state of development makes it look like its still in its infancy, new stuff added every few days etc.. im happy to try it, but would like it to be in a more finished state. Do you know roughly when this will be?

Many thanks, looking fwd to the 'final' product.

That is an excellent question and a lot of people here are probably wondering that.

May 1 - Try Free Mono
June 1 - Buy Pro

Yes you are correct we are still fixing some basic stuff and our beta testers are stomping on it hourly.

So when to try?

Next week by May 1 I will have the Wave Table Morph feature in.
At that time, running the free mono version for a few minutes
will give you a pretty good idea where this is all headed.

But if you want to wait until Fathom deserves to be on your primary Synth tracks,
it will be approx June 1.

This will be enough time to clear all the basic user issues
and the addition of some critical features like an Arpeggiator.

Also by that time I will have the wave point modulation done
in a way that no other synth will have.

OK, people, I need to go code. I'll be back late tonight.

Return to “Instruments”