Overestimated synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought better of it.
Last edited by lnikj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overestimated synths?
I know who they are, and i will keep my opinion to myself. :P

This Thread will help the next generation of Music Makers to avoid making the same mistakes we did.

Anything, and I mean anything endorsed by Image Oops, looks like I've been silenced by the Synthernet Police.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Please kindly stop using these smileys

They are annoying as f*ck

Yes, they are

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

+1

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Where are all the philosophers from the Most Underestamted syntths thread? :-)

F**k, where do I get these crazy new smileys? Or are they overestimated?

sylenth1 :D
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

:D The Legend

rod_zero wrote:Analog synths, not that they don't sound good or anything but the analog hype has reached stupid proportions both on reddit and FB, they make gearslutz look like digital lovers place.

it is becoming an Analog Church which comes to burn your digital sins.
Beat me to it. Nevermind that most people still can't tell analog from digital in a blind taste test. :P
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
rod_zero wrote:Analog synths, not that they don't sound good or anything but the analog hype has reached stupid proportions both on reddit and FB, they make gearslutz look like digital lovers place.

it is becoming an Analog Church which comes to burn your digital sins.
Beat me to it. Nevermind that most people still can't tell analog from digital in a blind taste test. :P
Whilst I agree that analog fetishism has reached ridiculous heights...I still disagree.
Within certain parameters it would be very easy to make a blind test in which people would have trouble telling a digital synth from an analog. Sure.
for example a simple saw osc into a slightly resonant filter with a sweep. With today's softsynths and their much improved filters, I can imagine some people still would be capable of picking the analog but 95 % of people would probably struggle. 99% probably if you are talking laypersons.

BUT if you made a patch with 2 sines at relatively high freqs and get one to FM the other, I can imagine the results would be VEry different.
Which is why I have nearly < 0 interest in mini moog emulations or even Diva

For me these kind of synths don't have the extreme modulation ranges and speeds that Analog synths are capable of, so they never interested me at all. Slight osc drift? big woopsies. Repro though? Now we are getting there.

Its Audio rate modulation that a lot of analog enthusiasts want. and Software is still struggling hard to compete there. That is not really even debatable.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

kv331 wrote:
KingofBeers wrote:Access Virus.
I got myself a 2nd hand Virus TI 2 weeks ago for $1500. A brand new one costs around $3000. I previewed many presets, but honestly I couldnt understand why a hardware synth like that costs 3 grands.

Having said that, off to porting our code to ARM/Linux :hihi:
Are you really working on a Linux port of Synthmaster?! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Terrafractyl wrote:
cryophonik wrote:
...I still disagree.
...but 95 % of people would probably struggle. 99% probably if you are talking laypersons.
95-99% of all people would, by any definition, equal "most people"
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Jorgeelalto wrote: Are you really working on a Linux port of Synthmaster?! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I didnt say it'll be a plugin :lol:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

martinjuenke wrote::D The Legend
+1 and the MiniMoog in general

Return to “Instruments”