Anyone tried Bitwig 2.0 beta test?? (what other features..?)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mrfrenkie wrote:
ras.s wrote: Sounds very intriguing. What is it used for, as an alternative to Javascript for scripting controllers, programming the modular system, something entirely else?

And would you happen to know if it's possible to import Python modules? If that's the case then it's insanely extensible, no matter what it's used for.
As I said, I have no idea how to use it. I just saw it in list of changes for alpha 6. Most likely it is for the controller api. But I'll be extremely happy if we can use this for a workflow like in Cockos Reaper
Thanks for mentioning it though, quite interesting. Can I dare you to post the recent changelogs? ;)

mrfrenkie wrote:My favs:

- Notification bar of loading plug-ins and missed files
- 32bit internal bounce
- Phaser
- Multi-note (!)
- Contextual remembering selected filters in popup browser. I use it for drum pads and samples tab in popup browser.
- Phyton support. Understand the potential but don't know how to use yet :)
- Multi-note (!) Mean chase midi note ?
another question, the shortcut for toggle the view of a vst instrument window is working without the need of select the instrument?

starla* wrote:Anyone know if expert sleepers es3,es5,esx4cv work in this version?
What is it that you feel doesn't work in the current version? I use Bitwig to send signals generated by Silent Way and Reaktor to a modular through an ES-3 no problem.

ThomasHelzle wrote:ATM Bitwig 2.0 is in closed Alpha.
- MTC & Midi Clock sending without script - I just used Cubase 8 LE as video player for BWS, synced via MTC.
How do you send MTC data out of Bitwig and into Cubase. I only see that is possible to enable MTC for midi devices, not sure how to connect it with another application.

On Windows, I use LoopMidi which provides virtual Midi ports that you can use to send Midi from one app to another.
On OSX it's built into the Audio/Midi tools that come with the system.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thanks for the advice... i wonder if you have any idea for linux?

am trying sudo modprobe snd_virmidi but nothing happens. I try various patching options in jack via Claudia but it does not make a difference.

No idea. I would have guessed that Jack can do it but I recently don't have much luck with Linux and lost my working installation a while ago. Best create a new thread and ask the Linux pros if nobody else comments here on this old thread.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Alright. Thanks Tom!

Return to “Bitwig”