The most $@)%*#&%%# angry synth out there?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sin night wrote:Not a synth but an effect: Kombinat DVA. I think that's a good fit for your request. :P

On a serious note: if it wasn't for the recent situation of Audio Damage software (the website switch, you know...), I'd actually recommend Kombinat DVA for the task.
Ohmicide can be an alternative... but I think any distortion plugin featuring some "digital" modes should be good for the task (I'm not much into this kind of things, so I don't know which are the most recent distortion plugins).
Kombinat is class, really able to f**k up an audio signal but AD seem to only want to do hardware now. Still worth having, Pig & Dan said it is their secret weapon, so if you do Techno it is known to work well!

FX is where the anger lies, like with guitar it's as much about the outboard and amps as the guitar and the playing. Jaws on RePro is a great effect for snarling basslines too, love that played through an amp sim!

Imo KLOPFGEIST by LogicPro is totally brutal in its relentlessness and strictness of its signals: there is NO escape!

EvilDragon wrote:OLGA can get pretty angry with her multiple points at which the signal can get totally overdriven...
And with the Oligarc Drive FX plugin you could use that awesome drive with any other synth too...
For example this sounds great with Sync Leads but also with lots of other stuff.

I also like what i get from the drive and/or distortion in Waldorf Pulse 2, Novation Bass Station 2 and Waldorf Largo (+ Blofeld). In Bass Station 2 a great combination is using the Acid filter together with the Overdrive and Distortion and maybe also use this with Osc Sync. Last but not least you could also add some filter FM.
Bass Station 2 fur sure could sound quite "evil". :evil:

Also The Legend with the built-in Drive (and/or the Amp saturation cranked up) and Repro-1 with the built-in Jaws effect could give great results.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

:shock: Rob Papens Predator looks to me like an angry synth (what's in a name). Rob Papens Raw is a pretty angry beast as well.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Virus TI - can get really angry sounding, lots of different distortion types - of course it does much more than that. But it's like a high-res angry. :P

chaosWyrM wrote: though its predecessor, scanned synth pro, would be a good choice i think.
Scanned Synth, that's one aaaaangry mother f**ker. It's angry at the user, it's angry at the screen, and it's very, very angry at your tweeters.

Edit: O darn. I had written an ugly word, but fortunately the BB software has censored it. Praise the Lord!

I don't have tons of synths but of the ones I do have Olga is the most aggressive but it still maintains it's core sound and stays musical. Great synth.

Anything by BONES
A well-behaved signature.

V0RT3X wrote: :x I need a synth that's so full of f**king anger and filth!!

It has to tear your goddamn face off with it's aggression! It needs to sound like rage!

If the developer has anger managment problems, even better!!! .. because you know it will make it's way into the development.

Recommendations ? :hyper:
Poly-Ana developer got banned here for his anger management issues, AND he's Canadian! </thread>

Anyone already mention RAW by Rob Papen? It's pretty gnarly. Not pretty at all

FM8 has no bounderies to industrial anger in sound. Rob papen Raw and Predator would be my picks too.

Krishna has a very angry sound. Great for industrial and techno. Also aggravating is that it's no longer available.

Bazille.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Wish my Filters of Mass Destruction (F.M.D.) product could've been listed here... alas, still a lot to do before I even have audio demos. It will take a sawtooth (or even a sinewave) and turn it into the craziest vocal basses or scream bloody murder. I shall return bearing gifts!! (in a few months hopefully). Note to self: give the OP a free copy.

Great suggestions so far!

Even though this started out as a parody thread of sorts, it actually kind of became useful.

Also @Architeuthis,

Thanks for the offer to provide me with a copy for FMD. I'd love to play with it when you release it!
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”