Step 6~ Prophet

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After having an especially inspiring jam session at my local guitar center, I became very enamored with the Prophet 6. My local GC had this one marked at 1499. I was kind of shocked, and did my usual can I have it for this price out the door routine. They came back and said, sorry that is a mistake, and its only the module that is at this price. Then they proceeded to tell me that they could offer a slight break on the full(and at this point 3 month used) keyboard on display. I left, but decided I wanted one. Zzounds had a warehouse resealed keyboard for a discount so I bought it. It shipped with software v 1.2 so I updated it to the latest v1.4. Aside from the one quibble of it only being a 4 octave keyboard, I have to say this is the most fun Ive had with a musical instrument in years, if not ever. This thing sounds great, and can do Prophet 5 sounds pretty much spot on. I have a song I made on the Pro-53 that had a bass line that Ive always loved the tone of. It turns out it came in the factory sound bank for the Prophet-6. I tweaked it a bit, and while it was familiar, it was much bigger and room filling than the pro53. I now intend to pull up the arturia prophet v and see how close they are. Aside from that, Im really impressed at the sound of this thing. Anyone else have a prophet 6?

Stupid American Pig wrote:My local GC had this one marked at 1499. I was kind of shocked, and did my usual can I have it for this price out the door routine. They came back and said, sorry that is a mistake, and its only the module that is at this price.

PROtip: when something is listed as half the price it should be, don't do your 'usual can I have it for this price out the door routine'

:dog:

Welcome to the club. I got an open box deal on a module for about that much a while ago and I jumped right on it. I love it. Don't bother comparing it to Prophet V. I did that already. It's sad how bad the Arturia sounds in comparison. What I am interested in is U-He's Prophet 5 emulation that being developed. I bet it's damn close. I'll probably stick with the hardware for most stuff, but I'm sure I'll find use for the plugin too.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Daags wrote:
Stupid American Pig wrote:My local GC had this one marked at 1499. I was kind of shocked, and did my usual can I have it for this price out the door routine. They came back and said, sorry that is a mistake, and its only the module that is at this price.

PROtip: when something is listed as half the price it should be, don't do your 'usual can I have it for this price out the door routine'

:dog:
Fair point. However this tactic used to work about 98% of the time. I guess GCs new management has decided that price breaks are not a thing anymore. That pretty much means that I'm not buying from there anymore. I still have options locally for guitars but electronic gear means that I'm probably going to have to buy from Jrr, zzounds or sweetwater.

The desktop version is number one on my wishlist, but it's ~ 2400 EU at Thomann.de.
And with Rev2 on the horizon... I'm a bit confused.
But still... I just don't know I'll just say "f**k it" I'll order it.

I'm still really happy with this thing. Build quality is really solid. I actually like the smaller keyboard because it allows me to have it on my desk. Great sound. The original p5 presets sound pretty close the what I remember but this has a great range of tones as well.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”