Zynaptiq Wormhole announced at NAMM 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wormhole

Fleer wrote:Welcome to paradise :tu:
And frustration Fleer :D

I thought CPU usage wasn't too bad, but last night I had to record the effects of Wormhole to an Aux track and then delete the plug-in altogether so that I could continue with the project.

Clearly, I have to develop how I use this "thing" to get the best out of it on my five year old laptop based DAW.

That's an old one indeed, 4ndy, here's hoping a "live" mode is in the works for you. I'm lucky to run a recent laptop and everything's quite smooth.

Fleer wrote:That's an old one indeed
I reckon I'll get another couple of years out of this one yet Fleer :wink:

I spec'd reasonably high when I bought it, so it's not that bad, for most of the VSTi that I use. It's just the likes of Reaktor, MMultiBandGranular, Adaptiverb and now Wormhole that I have to get creative in order to keep the CPU usage at a reasonable level.

Besides, I've just bought a new battery and power supply for it :)

For those who do not frequent the Sonar forum, my laptop spec is:-

Intel Corei7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache
Intel HM77 Express Chipset
16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM
500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD system drive
1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD data drive
Windows 10 Pro

Should give you some good years of use indeed. I'm also using a similar MacBook Pro (i7 - 2.6 - 16GB - 500GB ssd) and it purrs away nicely.

Fleer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:Thanks for the feedback on UI size. UI size is an ongoing topic – some people (me included) are using 34 inch displays at high resolutions and love big UIs. Some people are running a 13" non-retina MPB and understandably want small interfaces so they can still see their arrangement. We can currently not resize the UI after the plugin has been loaded, but we are aware that a switch to toggle between two sizes would be cool.
Sure UI size issues are challenging but I don't really understand why you have not at least started out by making it the same size as Adaptiverb which is fine, and it would have also created better interface consistency between the plugins.
Personally I prefer the UI size of Wormhole to the larger one used for Adaptiverb, at least on my laptop. Sure, on a desktop screen that would be different. So, for laptop use, I would definitely not want Wormhole to be as large as Adaptiverb, but the other way around. Moreover, due to its size, the Wormhole UI looks and feels snappier.
But I agree a toggle between both sizes would be cool for Wormhole as well as Adaptiverb.
Still needs this

and particularly still needs a 'realtime' low latency mode, this is painful to use at the moment in realtime which is my preferred way to use this sort of effect

It took a while to warm up with this WORMHOLE, but I have to confess that I underestimated its power, potential and versatility. Thanks, Denis!

Hello Zynaptiq!

Any plans in the near future for bigger like a X2 or X3 size or even resizable GUI? Wormhole interface is pretty small on a 4K monitor (Same for Morph 2, quite small)

Thanks!

I too would appreciate bigger GUI sizes. Currently I‘m not buying Zynaptiq plugins because I cannot correctly see and edit every parameter. And that’s a shame if you consider how expensive the plugins from Zynaptiq are.

I fear I'll not be able to resist Wormhole.

You won’t. It’s divine.

There is only one thing I fear more = Adaptiverb GAS.

Wormhole gas are pretty nasty too man.

collider wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:26 pm There is only one thing I fear more = Adaptiverb GAS.
More indeed. Plug of plugs.

Playing with the demo. I LOVE IT.

What's the latest on that Orange Vocoder? Using Ilok?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Effects”