What modern synthesizer would you like to see emulated in software?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yaybahar
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

e@rs wrote:Jomox Sunsyn.

Studio Electronics CODE.
Why haven't developers even uttered a comment about the SunSyn? Is it because they can't get their hands on one? I mean everyone and their mom has a Prophet and Moog emulation, but nothing from Jomox (Mbase, MBrane, M/T Resonator, SunSyn, Resonator Neuronium). It would be truly unique (as far as emulations go).

Vertion wrote:Yaybahar
+!1

None. I mean, really, people just want to emulate a specific sound in order to feel young again. Maybe they want the sound of that synthesizer (which has technical flaws) which appeared in a song when they kissed their girlfriend for the first time.
It's a prison.
We need more Ae like music with less tradition and bindings to the old days. A more open audience.

[I don't think this has been mentioned in the thread before - apologies if it has.]

For those of you yearning for a Buchla there is this:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/11077/

It is no fun whatsoever to patch (achieved through dropdowns in the B view).

However, it is functional, does sound rather good, and is playable with a supplied Lemur template, and the author, Trevor Gavilan, is already at work on version 2. It even comes with a substantial manual.

Here is the author in action with it in a (IMHO rather wonderful) single take performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=API5j7zHEec

Clavia Nord Lead A1.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:None. I mean, really, people just want to emulate a specific sound in order to feel young again. Maybe they want the sound of that synthesizer (which has technical flaws) which appeared in a song when they kissed their girlfriend for the first time.
It's a prison.
We need more Ae like music with less tradition and bindings to the old days. A more open audience.
I'm totally with you..some musical traditions are so confining and limited.. clearly demonstrating a lack of an open mind. I'm sure you'll love this song I found, it has one of the most complex harmonies I've heard yet, clearly genius in it's subtlety and depth of emotion.. it's as if every sample were carefully fine-tuned by hand. A savory melt of sonic beauty in a aetheric mist that stirs the depths of the soul.

https://soundcloud.com/vojta_test/white-noise-01
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote:it's as if every sample were carefully fine-tuned by hand. A savory melt of sonic beauty in a aetheric mist that stirs the depths of the soul.
Oh brother, I love your attack, it directly speaks to my heart. In that song btw, I like that twist at 3:13.

I love you! :D

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

AFAIC the only modern synthesizers *are* software.

None. I have a feeling that innovation is on software side these days. Emulating vintage hardware has a nostalgia charm, you can finally fiddle with synthesizers you were dreaming of back in a day.

Return to “Instruments”