Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funny. Even the DiscoDSP youtube page is taken down.. I'm glad that I bought D Pro before this happened and that I have all my licenses/installers backed up.

Frankly, i'm glad i never bought one of their products. That's the worst way to go out of business. Unless something really serious happened to all their devs.

ravasb wrote:I own a lot of George's products, so I kind of want to be mad at him for just bailing without a word, but I can't.
I don't get what George was thinking taking over obxd.

That is not many months ago.

I doubt the original dev would have given it to him, if he knew that this was going to happen.

FWIW Ive checked both my purchase orders on the members area. Both are present, although I did panic and then realised I had 2 different order numbers for each item.

Hope he's ok, only know him from here, but none the less always had great support and nice comms with George. Hopefully all will come to light soon, hopefully positively.

chk071 wrote:Frankly, i'm glad i never bought one of their products. That's the worst way to go out of business. Unless something really serious happened to all their devs.
You're totally cheeky! (and not the only one here...)

The developer has probably a very grave problem, that's all! The more the days go on, the more it becomes probable!

Health, life, or anything else, but obviously now a very probable grave personal issue!

And you piss on him?!?!?

You should be banned for such posts !
:x
Last edited by BlackWinny on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Seriously? If it really would be a "grave personal issue", why would he delete his company's Facebook and Youtube pages? Looks like a classic business shutdown to me, without letting any customer know.

BlackWinny wrote:
chk071 wrote:Frankly, i'm glad i never bought one of their products. That's the worst way to go out of business. Unless something really serious happened to all their devs.
Your totally cheeky!

The developer has probably a very grave problem, that's all! The more the days go on, the more it becomes probable!

Health, life, or anything else, but obviously now a very probable grave personal issue!

And you piss on him?!?!?

George took the time to:

1) Take his shop offline.

2) Take his Facebook page down.

Both of which take longer than jumping on twitter and saying, "Hey, something came up. I'll be back ASAP. Thanks."

Unless he signed a NDA, that's f**king tactless.

BlackWinny wrote:The developer has probably a very grave problem, that's all!
If he had a very grave problem, like being hospitalized after a car crash.

How would he be able to remove his site, and close it temporarly?

This goes to show whatever problems he is in, he is still able to go on the net, so he could then also post a notice here, what is going on. So we don't have to speculate.

masterhiggins wrote:George took the time to:

discodsp Customer Care Center is still online

http://ccc.shareit.com/ccc/?languageid=1&pid=447310415

Right now, everything is just speculation. So why don't we just wait to hear something official, assuming that someday we will.

masterhiggins wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Your totally cheeky!

And you piss on him?!?!?

George took the time to:

Both of which take longer than jumping on twitter and saying, "Hey, something came up. I'll be back ASAP. Thanks."

Unless he signed a NDA, that's f**king tactless.
What prooves you that it is HIM who close the accounts one after the other? What prooves you that itis not his wife if he has a huge health issue?

What allows you to accuse somebody without any proof?!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Distorted Horizon wrote:Funny. Even the DiscoDSP youtube page is taken down.. I'm glad that I bought D Pro before this happened and that I have all my licenses/installers backed up.
The youtube page is still alive...

https://www.youtube.com/user/discodspcom

Checking how much money I have spent on discodsp goods over the years:

$18 (second hand) Vertigo 3.2
$55 (second hand) Corona 5.1
£39 Discovery 4.1
€38 DiscoveryPro 6.6 (upgrade)

I can't be accused of being one of his biggest customers :oops:

I was grateful getting that DiscoveryPro upgrade at nice price.

Numanoid wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:The developer has probably a very grave problem, that's all!
If he had a very grave problem, like being hospitalized after a car crash.

How would he be able to remove his site, and close it temporarly?

This goes to show whatever problems he is in, he is still able to go on the net, so he could then also post a notice here, what is going on. So we don't have to speculate.
If you had a company to manage and suddenly a huge health issue... there would be necessarily someone to close one after one all your accounts ! A wife, a child, a lawer... whoever! And the person who would be in charge to close your accounts would have no reason (or perhaps no possibility) to explain why to the KVR members !

As wagtunes said very wisely : there are absolutely NO REASON to accuse George, because there are perhaps legitimate explanations to the silence of George and to the closing of his accounts! And we DON'T have to piss on him!

It is absolutely shameful to accuse someone without any evidence of a least culpability!

Now who's speculating Winny? ;)

Return to “Instruments”