What is Battery's Saturation based on?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need a plugin that does exactly what NI Battery's saturation does. Just a one-knob, simple saturation that sounds fantastic. Any takers? :D

Aroma

Softube's Saturation Knob is free. One knob and one switch, so it exceeds your spec ;-)
Only you can say if it sounds fantastic.

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=satknob

I think the Classic and Drums modes are just basic waveshapers of some sort. Tape mode is based on tape saturation effect from Kontakt.

Weren't these based on the e-mu SP-12?

Sorry but Softube saturation doesn't cut it. Heard the demos - they seem to sound more like distortion than the clean saturation you get from Battery.

I wonder how to get that effect outside of battery. Anyone who knows more about saturation care to comment?

Do you have Supercharger GT by any chance? Also made by NI. It has a great saturation knob with 3 switchable modes (Mild, Moderate, Hot). I use it quite a bit as a saturator without even touching the compressor. It's a great compressor as well. It also has a "Character" knob with 3 modes (Fat, Warm, Bright) which is an EQ which also helps to shape the effect attained by the saturation.
Play it by ear

Return to “Effects”