Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

zArt, I found the cause of your bug in FL Studio.

Fathom uses the sample block size in math to calculate the cpu load and if the load is too high it cuts the oldest note. Most host’s have fairly consistent block sizes but FL Studio has a very wide range. If the block size is too low, in some cases 1 sample, then it horks my math and Fathom cuts the notes.

I fixed this for the next release.

For now you can easily stop this. In FL Studio open Fathom and above the GUI click on the second icon between the plug and the wrench and then go to the Processing tab. Check “Use fixed size buffers (for buggy plugins)”.

Apparently FL Studio thinks that plugins that can’t handle block sizes of one sample are “buggy” but, anyway, that will fix it. And the new release will fix it so you don’t have to do that at all.

Woodman: Thanks, that confirms my theory. I will link in those libraries as part of Fathom. I may send you a pre-release so you can verify it before it goes out to everyone, just to make sure, so check back here.

BlackWinny: Thanks also for the info you supplied on the these issues.

Yellowmix: Go to the website, MEMBERS, passcode kvrpro, go to down to Software Version Update and click on 64 or 32, that will get you the 1.0.2 DLL. Also send me an email to support@fathomsynth.com with your original purchase number and I will send you your new pass code. You will need it for 1.0.3.

Everyone keep your purchase emails. Starting with 1.0.3 the zip file will require your own personal passcode from your purchase email confirmation.

Lots more bugs will be fixed in 1.0.3 and there may also be a speed increase.

Wave morph is going well but that is being pushed to 1.0.4.

Thank you for your answer Everett :)
I see what you mean about the scrollbars but the thing is that especially in Audio Components if you have opened several menus, you no longer have visible the background texture to do the scrolling, and you have to close several submenus to actually have the menu you want to be made visible again. Also it would be great if you could add mousewheel support for scrolling.
Also it would be great if you could add some numbers/legends to EQ, filter, ADSR and LFO graphs, so the division can be made visible and not a guess work. Also it would be great if you could click on those points in ADSR graphs and set their value by number.
Still all those are nice to have, the product is quite usable after 2 days I have been using it now. For some reason it seems more straight forward to use than other modular i have tried (maybe its the fact that details are auto-hidden, whereas others blow them in your face directly).

Regards,
Harris

babbgr: OK, I see what you mean now. Yes someone asked for that,
I plan on making the audio components list on the left side scrollable soon,
so the items don't disapear. The grabbers only work for the mod list on the right side.
I'm doing the bug fixes first, I have not forgotten about all the feature requests,
and I write them all down. OK, I've recorded your other ideas.
An option to enter the point locations by number manually is a great idea, I like that.

do I really have to decide which version to buy? I'm currently with a 32bit host but will switch to 64bit sooner or later. a "bundle" would be more convenient for me (single purchase). don't get me wrong, the KVR member price seems more than just fair even if I get both, but I'd prefer a single source for upgrades as well as for purchase, if possible.

kylie wrote:do I really have to decide which version to buy? I'm currently with a 32bit host but will switch to 64bit sooner or later. a "bundle" would be more convenient for me (single purchase). don't get me wrong, the KVR member price seems more than just fair even if I get both, but I'd prefer a single source for upgrades as well as for purchase, if possible.
You'll find both versions in the Member area. The 32bit was created anyway only because a member asked for it in this thread, kind of bonus so to say.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

you just destroyed a business model (if this is true) :hihi:

kylie has a good point.
I don't see any reason that the released zip files can't just contain both 32 and 64 bit DLL's.
Many plugins do this so it would not be outside the norm.
Plus I would never want to charge someone twice for 32 and 64 Bit DLL's anyway.
Unless there's any objection, I will make it so in the next release.

FathomSynth wrote:kylie has a good point.
I don't see any reason that the released zip files can't just contain both 32 and 64 bit DLL's.
Many plugins do this so it would not be outside the norm.
Plus I would never want to charge someone twice for 32 and 64 Bit DLL's anyway.
Only that his point was which version to buy what never was a question, but it could be language barrier on my side of course. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Do what is the easiest for you.
Just give people ( me) the option only to install 64 bit.
Some plugins absolutely want to install both, and I only use 64 as Suzie Qbase dictates.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

FathomSynth wrote:Plus I would never want to charge someone twice for 32 and 64 Bit DLL's anyway.
well, I was just confused, that's all. almost bought both, anyway. nice to see you never wanted to charge twice. I think I would just have accepted it as some kind of compensation for your efforts towards the 32bit users.

I'm trying to recreate the bug where Fathom starts as mono even though polyphonic is 16.
But I can not make it happen on my system, it always starts as polyphonic.

Can someone who saw this problem post more detailed steps here.
What exactly were you doing when this happened?
Which preset, which oscillator, which DAW, was glide enabled?

Thanks!

Fathom Version 1.0.3 is now Released.

Version 1.0.3 includes critical priority bug fixes.
Please use your purchase confirmation email password to unzip the DLL update zip files.
I have not forgotten about all the feature requests in this thread.
They are stored safely in my list and will be implemented in the upcoming releases.
Next week's 1.0.4 will deliver Wave Table Morphing.

Version 1.0.3 Changes:

Changed the internal name of the plugin to “Fathom” so it matches the file name and shows up in all host workstations as “Fathom”, instead of “Synthesizer”.

Fixed CPU note handling for FL Studio so that all notes in a chord play without cutting out.

Fixed global panel spectrum graph so it runs when notes are played live on the midi keyboard.

Fixed all oscillator Pan dials so that they can be modulated correctly.

Fixed the addition of new oscillators so that the buffers are precalculated before oscillator dials are adjusted. This increases the polyphony when new oscillators are added and when presets are loaded.

Fixed clicking at start of playing a host sequence which was caused by distortion filter delay registers not being cleared for non-adjacent notes.

Changed build so that library files are statically linked enabling the plugin to run in Windows 10.

Please use your purchase confirmation email password to unzip the DLL update zip files.
I purchased Fathom on 22 April. My email didn't have a password.

"Order Number: #00044 (placed on April 22, 2017 11:32AM EDT)"

Do I get a new email to use this version?

Send a copy of your purchase email to support@fathomsynth.com
and I will quickly send back your unzip code.

Hi Everyone,

This looks great. On the first page it says that the price will be $11 through the end of May, but when I go to the website to purchase it is listed as $35. Is there a code I need to input?

Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”