Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

wagtunes wrote:
shonky wrote:Was planning on demoing this today as looks interesting but a bit concerned about the cpu hit. Can anyone that owns this tell me which of the factory presets are most ridiculous in terms of cpu load so I have a quick reference to see what the likely effect on my system will be?
Any of the polyphonic ones.

And yeah, the thing is a power suck. I have to freeze all tracks after I'm done with them or I'll be toast after 2 or 3 instances. Of course my patches are huge too so take that into account.
Tried the polys but some of the sequencers seemed to get me hitting over 90% on one instance with nothing else going on. I've got an AMD quadcore running Ableton in Win 7 which I would have thought would be able to handle this OK but seems to be some issue or other going on. Get similar results with Iris so I'm wondering if it's something else in the PC that needs addressing - both are CPU hogs but that's ridiculous.

Having said this, really nice sound and no issues on more simple patches, which is probably where I'll stay until I get the hang of the thing. Might hold off purchasing until I can figure out what's up with the PC but might just buy and do some research afterwards.

i am on intel i7 6*core 5820k and got also some hits over 100% one some patches, then i deactivated in bios the cpu energy safe mode (clocks automatickly cpu by usage) and had no more problems

Any news about a "universal" preset format?
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

sacer wrote:i am on intel i7 6*core 5820k and got also some hits over 100% one some patches, then i deactivated in bios the cpu energy safe mode (clocks automatickly cpu by usage) and had no more problems
Interesting! I'll have to look into that.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

liv wrote:Any news about a "universal" preset format?
Nothing, not that I'm surprised. What surprises me more is that Softube Modular has just moved into the # 2 selling library of mine in spite of big red print on my page that says "Warning, This May Not Work In Your DAW."

Certain DAWs still can't load these and I'm not going out to buy that particular DAW just to be able to create these in a format that they can read.

Honestly, I'm very disappointed in the lack of development here since it first came out. Had I known then what I know now, maybe I don't invest in it. But its success for me is a total mind bender. I can't even begin to comprehend it.

they told me on musikmesse one month ago, that multicore support and a preset librarie are on the top of their to do list

:tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

wagtunes wrote: Honestly, I'm very disappointed in the lack of development here since it first came out. Had I known then what I know now, maybe I don't invest in it. But its success for me is a total mind bender. I can't even begin to comprehend it.
Tell me, is Modular worth buying at this point? I love its "physical" appearance on screen, and the fact that it's eurorack emulation, but I feel like spending money on Reaktor seems better.

Also I couldn't even try their demo due to stupid Gobbler/iLok issues. I contacted them and got no response for months.

Shiosan wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Honestly, I'm very disappointed in the lack of development here since it first came out. Had I known then what I know now, maybe I don't invest in it. But its success for me is a total mind bender. I can't even begin to comprehend it.
Tell me, is Modular worth buying at this point? I love its "physical" appearance on screen, and the fact that it's eurorack emulation, but I feel like spending money on Reaktor seems better.

Also I couldn't even try their demo due to stupid Gobbler/iLok issues. I contacted them and got no response for months.
Honestly, for what it already comes with, it sounds great. And I guess some people can me happy with that. But if you're expecting all the modules that you can get from Eurorack, you might be disappointed because I don't see it happening any time soon if at all.

Shiosan wrote:

Reaktor is much more rewarding ,just go to "Reaktor user library" you can download thousands of free ensembles ,and you can edit/make your own custom modules,theres even a a new "Front Panel Patching Library" that allows to create cables in the front panel:
https://www.native-instruments.com/file ... 73.bez.png
no modules using the new cables patch system are avaiable but i'm sure they will be created very soon :)

there is also a new vst alternative called "Solorack":

you can find it here :
http://www.solostuff.net/solorack/
and is much less expensive ,with cheap modules
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

I'm sorry but neither Reaktor or Solorack come anywhere close to the quality Softube Modular offers, just the internal distortion of that synth put every distortion I've ever heard coming out of Reaktor to shame. And don't get me started on that Solorack that's thing is just plain weak sounding and very overpriced imo...
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

shroom81 wrote:I'm sorry but neither Reaktor or Solorack come anywhere close to the quality Softube Modular offers, just the internal distortion of that synth put every distortion I've ever heard coming out of Reaktor to shame. And don't get me started on that Solorack that's thing is just plain weak sounding and very overpriced imo...
This !
Softube Modular sounds AMAZING !

shroom81 wrote:I'm sorry but neither Reaktor or Solorack come anywhere close to the quality Softube Modular offers, just the internal distortion of that synth put every distortion I've ever heard coming out of Reaktor to shame. And don't get me started on that Solorack that's thing is just plain weak sounding and very overpriced imo...
...so should I get Modular instead? I'm also worried about CPU useage. I heard some function/preset in modular can struggle even at i7 6-core, and I only have i5 4-core.

It would be exciting to use arps and ambient sound from Modular in my track but if I can't run it then it won't serve its purpose. :(

Bummed about the development and lack of preset management, but it does sound very good. Up there with Legend, Repro, Monark, etc. and has a unique tone/quality that makes it worth considering. CPU is high but I have more CPU issues with Reaktor Blocks than Modular. One just needs to possibly accept it as is and maybe wait for holiday sales.

christian f. wrote:
This !
Softube Modular sounds AMAZING !
Indeed.....but i find P900 even better (still macOS only and limited number of modules yet).

Return to “Instruments”