Hello. New user/developer here with a free exclusive offering (Swede-ish Dime Out.vst)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello again.
I have compiled a new download for you in the shape of the above mentioned remake of Dime Out.
It is now called "Kross Swede Metal SwM-2" and is accompanied by a gift for you that I´ve had in my vst-folder for some years now, which I made because I got tired of moving tracks in the timeline by hand while
doubletracking guitar. All relevant info about both plugins are located in the zip-file.
Enjoy and please dont hesitate to give me some feedback!

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7iUC ... kZKM3cxMnM

Hello Frankenstein.

The GUI looks familiar. I used to own one of these. Will give it a spin.

Update: I still have 'Metal Clone by Mokafix'. It might just have the edge still. I like the way both your emulation and the Mokafix emulation kill the extremely annoying high frequencies from 'MusicLab Real Strat' before going into an Amp Sim.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Haha, sweet dancemoves Monsterman!
Yeah, I also use the Metal clone in tandem with my own pedal for edgier sounds (I usually record 4 tracks of rythm-guitar and 1 or 2 tracks of solos. I pan the tracks like this: 100% Left SwM-2, 100% Right SwM-2, 50% Left Metal Clone, 50% Right Metal Clone and the the solos in or around the center).
I would´ve used the Metal clone more for rythm if it had a deeper range in the low-eq (the lowest is 200Hz while the HM-2 circles around 100Hz) but the real Metal Zone also has the 200Hz so...

By the way, for the Swede Metal SwM-2, try the free Mercuriall U530 (from the Computer Music Magazine) with Clean sound. Total monster rythm-guitar!!

Update:
Hello fellow KVR:ers. Here is another update from me concearning Kross SwM-2.
I recently found more information related to the Boss HM-2 pedal, which meant that I could more accurately mimic its inner-workings (especially the eq-profile which is a bit special). All quirks and specialities of this pedal are not accurately mirrored (like the special behaviour of the distortion knob where it seems to almost do nothing between 10 o´clock and 3 o´clock and then starts to affect the grounding-circuits) but my focus has been on the characteristics of the Dimed-out sound.
I now think that I have come as close as I possibly can to it as far as I can hear.
Download this version and hear for yourself (link below).

I have also included a new gift with this download which is another stomp-pedal of the distortion variety. It is called "Workhorse" because I made it as my go-to distortion for my own musical projects.
All info and instructions are included in the zip-file.
Enjoy!!

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7iUC ... lVnQy1TSkU

Update Kross SwM-2:
I think I might have nailed it this time...

The distortion has been redesigned completely (now also attempts to imitate the dist-color past 3 o´clock feature), the internal noisegate has been scrapped, denormal removal modules abound.

If you think I should fine-tune som things, like: Distortion amount (too much or too little), overall output level, something in the EQ, then please let me know. Otherwise I think this is my official version and will spread it to more sites online.
I might even start a blogg or website where my releases can be downloaded.

Cheerio!

Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7iUC ... WdyS1JZcVE

Return to “Effects”