MuLib : MuLab & MUX Modular Community Library

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pljones wrote:Personally, I see naming by creator as sub-ordinate to naming by type, rather than "along side" - again, that's how I do it; reverbs might contain a folder for runaudio, as an example, with one or more entries. If I modify one of the presets just by tweaking knobs, it gets saved alongside the original; if I modify it by repatching the MUX, I save it as a new MUX - I wouldn't want the original author being blamed for my mess :).

One thing I don't like about Google Drive is you can't just expand all the folders to see what's there - you have to drill down into each one. That does make extra levels less helpful.
+1 :tu:

you can also sync the folders localy and do what ever you want to do with it. i.e. sync it to a physical folder and display it in the mulabs patchbrowser...

If you have shared useful MUX patches here on the forum before, please also copy them into MuLib.
That way we have a central place where all shared user creativity comes together :)

urvieh wrote:google drive does provide custom fields or metadata...
Yes but using that would make MuLib files dependent on Google Drive, then what if MuLib would move to another service in the future? I think it's better to include the creator info in the MUX preset itself via options menu -> Presets -> Show Creator Info. So if you want a MUX preset to be tagged with creator info, i think it's best to do it that way. In future versions maybe there will come more search options for MUX presets eg searching on creator etc.

I like more https://disk.yandex.ru
It works faster and more comfortable

thanks
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

sl23 wrote:Shouldn't existing users automatically be given permission?
Still no answer to my question. :?
How do we get permission? From Jo?
How should it be requested? Email? Forum? Does it matter?

What if users get permission to download by first uploading: a demo song or synth or effect or instrument preset or sequence or beat or SFX or colour scheme or project template or controller midi map or wavetable or multisample or...? By recognising that everyone has something to contribute, it may strengthen the community.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:What if users get permission to download by first uploading: a demo song or synth or effect or instrument preset or sequence or beat or SFX or colour scheme or project template or controller midi map or wavetable or multisample or...? By recognising that everyone has something to contribute, it may strengthen the community.
For that, I disagree.

Because it would forbid some users to discover these things while it is not their fault if they can't contribute:
  1. those who are extremely beginners and are quite good to learn... but not good at all to make presentable things;
  2. those who ARE good to make presentable things but who for psychological reason don't trust their own quality and spend sadly their time to compare to others to finally renounce by feeling that they will never be "as good as" this or that other contributor;
  3. those who love to play music, even being very good musicians... but who are not developers at all, even with visual development environments;
  4. those who are involved in other things as serious in music (C++ development, Synth(edit/maker) development, hardware development...) but don't have the time to develop ALSO for Mulab/Mux while they LOVE these two tools;
  5. those who for reasons of technical support (for themselves or for any other one) need to have access to the products in that library without having necessarily to be contributor of its content;
  6. etc.
No, honestly, it would be very bad to reserve this library exclusively to those who are also themselves contributors. Although this library is free, it would split the Mutools users into two parts: an elite which has some rights that the other part doesn't have. I fully disagree. Image
I let you imagine the scandal which would have occurred if U-He had made exclusive rights to only the contributors of his library... Image

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The intent of my suggestion was to encourage everyone to contribute something (even very small) and enable greater equality, but I can see in your examples how it could create an us/them feeling that would have the opposite effect! :oops:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:The intent of my suggestion was to encourage everyone to contribute something (even very small) and enable greater equality, but I can see in your examples how it could create an us/them feeling that would have the opposite effect! :oops:
Hello Michael,

Don't worry, it was understood. I just pointed the reasons which may explain why in fact it is probably not a so good idea. But don't see any anger or anything of that type in what was my reply. Simply my habit to try to see wisely what can be some good and pertinent arguments for other people.
:)
And so, the conclusion is that what seemed a good idea at first sight is probably a bad choice for those who love Mulab (and Mux) but can't contribute for any reason.

In a registered association, when some members offer their work it is of course good that the other members who take profit of these offered things were also asked to contribute not only by their regular yearly financial contribution but also sometimes by a little work for the common good. Here we are in a different situation, we are in the situation of a commercial product which is bought by people, and based on that wonderful product there is currently a kind of group of nice persons who are happy to join themselves to spontaneously share the work they make with that commercial product... but outside a registered association, and they agree to share their work with other persons who are not necessarily themselves competent to contribute by a personal self-made work.

See simply my own case: as some others here I'm one of the most active KVR members to invite other musicians to try Mulab and Mux, but I'm very involved in the development of Synthedit products for my own music ("Ambient" style and old Traditional musics blending instruments from the Far-East and some from Europa in addition to the piano and some acoustic or slight electric guitars and discrete synths) and in addition I work for a Video producer of documentaries, and... piece on the cake... I suffer from birth in 1959 of a huge neurological disease (narcolepsy) which was discrete until 2004 but which now transforms my days in a pure lace Image and it will be now as this until the end of my life (but "don't worry, I'm happy"). It is a case among many other legitimate cases everywhere in the world, even in the KVR community world...

I would simply suggest, if some developers would like a little contribution, to simply add a text file which comes with the main file (all being wrapped in a single zip file), a very simple small text file with the name of the developer (a kind of signature) and his email address, the date of release... and an invitation (not mandatory) to bring a little and very humble donation by Paypal to this aforementioned email address if the user really likes this extension and wants to thank its developer. It is something extremely common in the development of preset banks and it could be done as well for these extensions of Mulab/Mux. That way the user doesn't feel any constraint at all (it is psychologically much better) and if one day he feels trusted enough himself to contribute by another extension or by a song or whatever else, no doubt that he will do it if this Community Library has taken a good life.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

sl23 wrote:
sl23 wrote:Shouldn't existing users automatically be given permission?
Still no answer to my question. :?
How do we get permission? From Jo?
How should it be requested? Email? Forum? Does it matter?
Make a request by sending a direct message to a MuLib manager (myself included :wink: ) or by requesting it here in the forum thread. After a quick email verification (needed to grant upload access), the MuLib managers will allow you to upload to the _Inbox folder. Once you've been granted permission to upload to the _Inbox folder, you may continue to upload to it for as long as you like so long as you don't abuse it. The MuLib managers will then periodically sort the patches in the _Inbox folder into their respective places in the MuLib.

Hope this answers suffeciently,

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I've added the Kvr names of the MuLib manager to the MuLib intro post:
viewtopic.php?p=6768360#p6768360

The MuLib manager list may be updated over time.

Oh, I just see this Mulib thing, that's great, will see how I can improve my Mux creations to share them...

This is a pretty cool idea <3 thanks! :tu:

Really a great idea to keep everything in one place. However, as pointed out by others it is hard to see what is what. I would much prefer a standard db solution, why not listed on the Mutools website. Then the people with access can also give a good explanation of the instrument/effect etc and give recommendations on how to use it.

It is a shame when people have worked hard on their products and these then get overlooked because they are not introduced in an informative manner.

Or maybe it's just me who don't get it. :)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”