MIDI issue - no sound from track/channel in Play but...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have some old MIDI drum parts that somehow were mapped nothing close to any common configuration so not many of the the note/pitches play (as standard modern kits don't have any assigned sounds on those notes).

I found what I believe was the mapping for these old parts so I attempted to transpose each of the to an assigned note (IE change kick from F#-2 to C1). First I disolved the part (since all the drum instrument sounds were on on track). Once I had the parts on separate tracks I transposed them. All good but the parts aren't being heard - they don't appear to be triggering, in this case, Halion Sonic SE2. YET when I touch C1, for kick drum, either from controller keyboard, or from clicking next to the note pitch in Editor I hear it from Halion, I do hear the correct sound and see MIDI indicator flash on Halion. Hit play again for the track and nothing is heard. Any thoughts on why this isn't working?

In the inspector, and in MIDI List Editor all appear to be Ch 10., on both the track and in Halion. I have also tried changing MIDI channel to 1 on all, and using Piano Roll but still same, no sound when playing.

I also tried copying the tracks to a new project and using Groove Agent still no luck.

I also notice I can't change color of 7 of the 8 tracks (that were 'dissovled' parts). Not sure if that's related or just something to do with disolved parts?

Make sure the parts aren't muted.

There's no drum map selected, right?

Does the unsplit track play and this is happening after dissolve?

Thanks for reply...I think it may have been a corrupt track as I tried some other old ones and they worked fine. I should have checked that before posting here :O

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”