UVI released Digital Synsations Vol.2 for Falcon & Free Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digital Synsations Digital Synsations Vol. 2

The late ‘80s and early ’90s was a time of great technological change, ushering in the digital-era and bringing with it exciting new possibilities. Over the years a legion of digital synthesizers appeared from all across the world, reforming the very idea of what a keyboard could do. Equipped with new and innovative synthesis techniques, these machines would forever change our sonic landscape and lay the groundwork for the modern software instruments and effects that we use today. Digital Synsations Volume 2 is the next step in our journey to revisit and preserve these revolutionaries, exploring the capabilities and unique character of 3 digital synths from the ‘90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYO3EXsxdsY

DIGITAL MAVERICKS OF THE ‘90S REVISITED
- 3-instrument suite delivers authentic sounds of vintage digital synths
Over 500 patches push the hardware to their limits
Intuitive interfaces and modern controls allow exploration of new sonic territory

Check out my review here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfj5GaamaiA
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Intro Price 99€ for that? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

As Digital Synsations v1 has been given away for free so many times, I guess that is why there is no upgrade offer for v1 owners to v2 ?

If it's anything like Digital Synsations Vol 1 it will be samples of generic patches not coming close to doing justice to the original hardware. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Numanoid wrote:As Digital Synsations v1 has been given away for free so many times, I guess that is why there is no upgrade offer for v1 owners to v2 ?
It's essentially volume 2 rather than version 2, so it makes some sense that there's not an upgrade price.

Teksonik wrote:If it's anything like Digital Synsations Vol 1 it will be samples of generic patches not coming close to doing justice to the original hardware. :?
It's a sample library... they can't make it so it suits everyone's taste. :shrug:
At least they're not "EDM". :D

Anyway, I have Vol I, and often I wish it was an emulation (one for every sampled synth :clown: ) - but sometimes it's enough to (extremely) personalize it. :borg:

I actually like vol. 1, but do find vol. 2 to be a bit in the high priced IMO. If it were, let's say $75 intro, I'd be all over it, but having just purchased a two Modal hardware synths I'll probably be too busy exploring those for the next several months anyway. I wish UVI had a customer loyalty price for Vol. 1 owners though.

quantum7 wrote:I actually like vol. 1, but do find vol. 2 to be a bit in the high priced IMO. If it were, let's say $75 intro, I'd be all over it, but having just purchased a two Modal hardware synths I'll probably be too busy exploring those for the next several months anyway. I wish UVI had a customer loyalty price for Vol. 1 owners though.

I feel agreement with this line. I’m a owner of Vintage Vault,Synth Anthology and more (almost everything) purchased from UVI. I think should be a reward price or loyalty massive discount for multi owners

T-CM11 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:If it's anything like Digital Synsations Vol 1 it will be samples of generic patches not coming close to doing justice to the original hardware. :?
It's a sample library... they can't make it so it suits everyone's taste. :shrug:
Yes as I said it's samples but the patches they created to sample were pretty generic. Take the VFX for example. I used to own one at the time I purchased DS Vol 1 and was hoping it would replace the hardware. Unfortunately the DS 1 content didn't come anywhere close to capturing the full capability of the VFX.

If DS Vol 2 follows that precedent then I think $99 is a bit much. Just my opinion.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This. They have sampled two of the digital synths I would definitely like to see released as a proper VST emulation. Both of these synths are absolutely fantastic, but they only shine when you can take advantage of their complex programming engine to create lush and moving sounds. They are not a good material for static sample libraries. And considering that the Ensoniq VFX in DS1 was completely lackluster and uninspiring (especially when taken into account how much disk space it used).

I don't have very high expectations and predict it will soon be another freebie.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
This. They have sampled two of the digital synths I would definitely like to see released as a proper VST emulation. Both of these synths are absolutely fantastic, but they only shine when you can take advantage of their complex programming engine to create lush and moving sounds. They are not a good material for static sample libraries. And considering that the Ensoniq VFX in DS1 was completely lackluster and uninspiring (especially when taken into account how much disk space it used).

I don't have very high expectations and predict it will soon be another freebie.
I'm interested to hear how it sounds as they have learned a lot from their work on Falcon. Of course if you have Falcon already, you can do nearly anything using the sounds from this. It would be nice if there was a discount for Falcon owners, or the Vintage Vault, etc.

I think UVI could have made a bigger score if they had made an instrument based solely on the Fizmo

This synth has so far got little attention in the plugin world, there are some plugs like Kubik or Steam, but no major sample libraries based on Fizmo as far as I know.

viewtopic.php?t=292872

robotmonkey wrote:... And considering that the Ensoniq VFX in DS1 was completely lackluster and uninspiring (especially when taken into account how much disk space it used)...
That's something that made me raise an eyebrow here. This bad boy has a footprint of 18gb, making it the largest synth library UVI has produced--larger than Synth Anthology II or any of the libraries in Vintage Vault.

To make sure they captured the amazing complexity of evolving sounds? Or lazy sampling? Don't know yet.

Personally....I agree with most of you. For what this library offers... all the data is unnecessary. 18gbs for 1 library of 3 synths seems like overkill, especially with no additional features outside of a couple of lfos, asdr & some simple fx options. Seeing how I got the 1st version for free & this looks similar to it with just different synths, Ill definitely pass.

However, playing devil's advocate, if someone was looming just for those sounds, I guess it would be a good deal. There is definitely a market for presets & 1 could always layer instances of the preset in UVI workstation or Falcon to gain a more defined sound.

That seems like a hassle though (especially on the hard drive),. Personally for that kind of thing I have Pure Synth Platinum.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”