Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Oh! but the stabilitiez :o :o

keel wrote:
Anosou wrote:
keel wrote:Anosou, now please add that automatically returning playing cursors. That is so fking annoying. Then midi chase so long notes will play middle of them, so annoying that you need to listen long notes always from the beggining. Takes so much unnecessary time, jesus. And automation curves, tensionline between the points, just like in FL. And mp3 export. But please add that automatically returning playing cursors and midi chase to 9.5 too. Big thank you!
Noted! We have a big backlog of stuff we want to do (of course) and it's always hard to prioritize (of course), but let me know what you really want to see and I'll take it into consideration
Well, if you read these messages on above, you can clearly see that this playing cursor doesn't return automatically on stop, is pretty damn annoying and many people hate it. It makes things frustrating. Shouldn't this type of problem be pretty high on to do list? Plus like its said, adding this should be just couplr lines of code. Easy and fast to add, yet it would male many people life much easier. I don't know your priorities, but to me, this should be top on the list to fix. People complain this all over the internert. So, win win, how it sounds? Plus if you add this and that midi chase feature, I promise you to that I will buy Reason. A new customer for you. Isn't that what you want, new customers. So add at least this to 9.5, please? Easy and fast to add :wink:
Automatic return is bad for those, who stop to fix something where the cursor stopped. Right now you stop and press stop one more time to get the cursor back.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Oh! but the stabilitiez :o :o
Don't worry, friend. It's all been taken care of! *puts on confidence-inspiring marketing smile*
What about stability? Will Reason be less stable now?
We've implemented a limited crash protection system for VSTs that means we attempt to detect crashes in the VST and prevent the plugin from crashing Reason. Since VST plugins are third-party code, it is still possible to experience problems with plugins. Keep in mind that our VST support in Reason in itself doesn't make the application less stable if you don't have or use any VST plugins.

patchhunter wrote:For those that don't want to use vst, you don't have to and everything will still be just as stable as it was before vst
...Is what Propellerheads' position could have been for the last, what?...15 years :shrug:

Instead they fostered an almost anti-vst mini-culture among the faithful. Had I the slightest interest, I'd imagine enjoying killing a few minutes watching users backtracking on previous rigid footholds, as they realise the world that has just opened up to them

chk071 wrote:
What about stability? Will Reason be less stable now?
We've implemented a limited crash protection system for VSTs that means we attempt to detect crashes in the VST and prevent the plugin from crashing Reason. Since VST plugins are third-party code, it is still possible to experience problems with plugins. Keep in mind that our VST support in Reason in itself doesn't make the application less stable if you don't have or use any VST plugins.
Well I guess one of the benefits of waiting so long to embrace this technology is that they seem to have invented sandboxing. Oh, wait...

propellerheads are a day late and a dollar short... they had us buy into a technology we knew could not stand up to vst/i... we have been asking for vst/i support since midi-out... there are some of us who brought a ton of updates hoping that rack extensions would take off... we are now back at square one... vst/i... something WE always wanted...

no thank you propellerheads... you have jerked us around long enough... long live ableton live... which had vst/i support since version 4... now i am supposed to kick ableton live to the curb for reason? do not think so!!!!

p.s. cant wait to read some of the posts from the reason fanboys... i.e. how extension are sooooo much better than vst/i... now saying... this is reason's greatest update...

ok?

deep'n'dark wrote:Automatic return is bad for those, who stop to fix something where the cursor stopped. Right now you stop and press stop one more time to get the cursor back.
An option to define behaviour on stop cannot hurt.

EvilDragon wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:Automatic return is bad for those, who stop to fix something where the cursor stopped. Right now you stop and press stop one more time to get the cursor back.
Yes, but it's not as important as he stated. Pressing stop only once more isn't that hard.

neverenoughfunk wrote:propellerheads are a day late and a dollar short... they had us buy into a technology we knew could not stand up to vst/i... we have been asking for vst/i support since midi-out... there are some of us who brought a ton of updates hoping that rack extensions would take off... we are now back at square one... vst/i... something WE always wanted...

no thank you propellerheads... you have jerked us around long enough... long live ableton live... which had vst/i support since version 4... now i am supposed to kick ableton live to the curb for reason? do not think so!!!!

p.s. cant wait to read some of the posts from the reason fanboys... i.e. how extension are sooooo much better than vst/i... now saying... this is reason's greatest update...

ok?
You kinda said what I was thinking, I guess i tripple bubblewrapped my post :) Well spoken :clap:

deep'n'dark wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Yes, but it's not as important as he stated. Pressing stop only once more isn't that hard.
No, but it's not convenient. That's the problem with the sequencer and piano roll; doing certain things require an unnecessary amount of clicks when compared with other DAWs. It's a bit baffling, especially for a product that seems to pride itself on its ease-of-use.

Anosou wrote:
v1o wrote:What does this mean for the Rack Extension format? And for RE developers.
We stay committed to the RE format and I think a lot of users will still get REs, especially if even more users come on board and get Reason. Personally, having used VSTs in Reason for a while now, it makes you appreciate the RE integration. I think they'll live side-by-side and people will buy the instrument, effect or utility they want. I've had tons of fun using CV generators and sequencers in the RE format to sequence VST instruments for example. And I still use tons of RE instruments and effects too, it's sleeker. :)
I'm sorry but if half of the RE on market are any indication, it's absurd pretty much any VST will have more useful CV connections by default to work with than many RE synth/sampler/ports being sold. Why anyone would have bought RE vs VST when push comes to shove
Last edited by softska on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Reason value isn't only based on the VST support but the whole concept to make music. Indeed, those who never went Reason route back in the days, are used to something else. BUT... it's way harder to dump Reason and make a swith to something else than it is vice versa. Music newcomers should pick Reason for many reasons now on. :tu:

Reveal-Sound will be very happy about this BTW. They just spent months and months in making the Spire RE. :D Wonder if they got any notification that Propellerhead is planning to implement VST support. Probably not.

loungepanda wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
No, but it's not convenient. That's the problem with the sequencer and piano roll; doing certain things require an unnecessary amount of clicks when compared with other DAWs. It's a bit baffling, especially for a product that seems to pride itself on its ease-of-use.
Maybe you're too fast music maker then. :hihi:

neverenoughfunk wrote:no thank you propellerheads... you have jerked us around long enough... long live ableton live... which had vst/i support since version 4... now i am supposed to kick ableton live to the curb for reason? do not think so!
I hardly think you are the main target for this.

A lot of previous Reason users have been sitting on the fence about upgrading, this is a big incentive for them to upgrade to v9

As this is introduce as a interim version, and not main upgrade, means Props can use the time to tweak and hone the integration.

The next "attack" on the DAW market will then be when v10 ships. Then I expect them to go more after us who use other DAWs. Hopefully the price to buy into Reason then will be lowered.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”