Next Propellerhead Reason upgrade (9.5) to include VST support

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

db3 wrote:
chk071 wrote:Reveal-Sound will be very happy about this BTW. They just spent months and months in making the Spire RE. :D Wonder if they got any notification that Propellerhead is planning to implement VST support. Probably not.

Ouch...that's gotta hurt :D
We informed RE devs (incl. Reveal Sound) a while back about this, we're not monsters! :)

Well, just bought the essentials, since it will be support VST's too. But I am going to upgrade it fully later when I have more money, as I want to use kong and all other cool candies. So I am a new Prop's customer now, yeah. Now Anosou, please add option for that automatically returning playing cursor! :P

ghettosynth wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:
Automatic return is bad for those, who stop to fix something where the cursor stopped. Right now you stop and press stop one more time to get the cursor back.
+1

Just because people whine about things doesn't mean that's what the majority wants. Stop means stop, not stop and move.
Again. An option would not hurt, and both camps be happy.

It's great news and finally the feature that will make me upgrade from 8 to 9.
I've been runnning it rewired into S1 for some time and while I've had time to adapt, I'm glad to get even further possibilities by using my plugin collection directly into reason.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

It's a little saddening trying to get through the initial plug-in scan.
Of all the DAWs, Reason was the only one where you never needed
to dread that first setup run. Crash, restart scan, rinse repeat...

Oh well, I'm excited just the same...

*Wasn't too bad actually... I like it :tu:
Last edited by pekbro on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hm, well, as a Reason owner (v8) I certainly hope it works out for them.

But I guess I'll have to upgrade to Reason 9 now, as I have a feeling it'll become known as the "last stable version".

Hi Anosou, can you confirm that the VST's will still work when Reason is in rewire slave mode?

EvilDragon wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:
Automatic return is bad for those, who stop to fix something where the cursor stopped. Right now you stop and press stop one more time to get the cursor back.
+1

Just because people whine about things doesn't mean that's what the majority wants. Stop means stop, not stop and move.
Again. An option would not hurt, and both camps be happy.
Yes, but, I think that there are far more important things to work on.

When implementing such a feature doesn't cost more than 15-30 minutes probably, it's not even a discussion of importance. It should just be there.

Well that was completely unexpected! I haven't been using Reason for more that 10 years (I used to be quite a fan up to version 3, then the lack of audio capabilities started to annoy me too much).

I'm trying to download the demo, but the reset password screen doesn't work :( Might be some issues with the server, following this announcement...

EvilDragon wrote:When implementing such a feature doesn't cost more than 15-30 minutes probably, it's not even a discussion of importance. It should just be there.
We can agree to disagree on this.

johnppp wrote:Hi Anosou, can you confirm that the VST's will still work when Reason is in rewire slave mode?
Yes, that would definitely make this even more interesting.

johnppp wrote:Hi Anosou, can you confirm that the VST's will still work when Reason is in rewire slave mode?
Afraid not! When in ReWire slave mode, VSTs are not enabled. Similar to how it is in Ableton Live.

Anosou wrote:
Afraid not! When in ReWire slave mode, VSTs are not enabled. Similar to how it is in Ableton Live.

nooooooooo! I've never understood why Reaper can have VST's in slave mode but Ableton and now the new Reason ...(didn't you invent the Rewire protocol?). Sadly no upgrade for me :(

Anosou wrote:
Which, of course, makes Live less interesting as a rewire slave as well.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”